Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Mom traps/bad habits page 3

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    When trying to prune bad habits, they say that replacing with good habits is the key.

So while sitting with the children as they eat, perhaps you could try reading a story to them. This will keep your hands and mouth busy so that you cannot be eating at the same time. It also helps feed the children's minds at the same time as their bodies. It's one time they will sit still and listen
    You're brilliant!!!!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Soooo many good ideas here!
    Ann of the Jungle's Primal Blueprint Journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78155.html

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Your kids might be too young for it, but I use being lazy to avoid snacking on what's left on my daughter's plate - pack it immediately for her lunch, so I do not have to make a separate effort at 4 am next day!

I chop a huge plate of cabbage and drizzle with vinegar to eat while I am cooking - my problem is with grabbing while cooking rather than while cleaning up.

Drop plates with tempting sauces and smudges and tidbits straight into soapy water. World hunger was not fixed by sending a tbsp of ketchup or maple syrup down the drain.

We do a family table when everyone puts stuff on their plates from the common dish and it is absolutely fine have leftovers put right back & it's done right at the table. Then into container, and into the fridge. Out of sight, out of mind.

My bad habit is tea 'with something' as a relaxation mechanism in the evening. Gum or sugar-free candy or jello was the only things that made a difference. I basically gave up and TRY to eat less during the day so I can have more food at night. I also try to eat more foods that I consider tasty. I am also trying to cultivate the sense of contentment and call myself by name to snap out of the 'but I just want another bite' downfall for long enough to brush my teeth and wrestle myself away from the littl' dish of yum.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

I had fallen into the coffee with a little something sweet in the afternoon. Now, u still do one cup abs and winds down with other things in my hand that see "just for me", like reading and responding to MDA. Texting friends, searching online for something I want (like new recipe), reading, writing in journal, and praying.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

what would you like to work on this week?

after a long weekend away with family, I'm ready to commit to something new primal behaviors tomorrow:

1. no standing while eating
    2. small portions to begin a meal, if still hungry I'll have more, but I want to avoid eating until I'm overstuffed simply to clean my plate.
    3. eat only food prepared for me, not off others' plate

ayumi is offline Member
    I have three boys and a husband with serious sweet teeth. Snacking and picking food off plates aren't much of an issue but they buy chocolates and other foods that I have a hard time turning down. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ayumi View Post
    I have three boys and a husband with serious sweet teeth. Snacking and picking food off plates aren't much of an issue but they buy chocolates and other foods that I have a hard time turning down. :/
    Making a goal to work on this this week?

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    I love eating what I'm cooking, while I cook it.

I cook for myself, so what difference does it make?
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

ayumi is offline Member
    Yes. I'll make sure to buy my own fruits and other sweets that are more satisfying than what they pick out. My healthy stash so to type

Goal: Build a small healthy treat box for myself.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ayumi View Post

Goal: Build a small healthy treat box for myself.
    Sounds like a great goal.
    Update on today:
    1. No standing while eating: 90% (really saved myself from snacking while unloading car from long weekend away, setting this goal) Ė thanx for the accountability
    2. Start with small portion: I did and went back for more. Iím fully satisfied after dinner, but not OVERSTUFFED and (didnít pick at food while cleaning up)
    3. Eat only my food, not off othersí plates Ė yep! 100%

So, fill me in on whatís in the treat box.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast