Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Debunking the Paleo Diet... page 2

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    I don't really care who ate what back then, I just know I feel better when sandwiches and pasta aren't the focus of my diet.
    Yes!!!

Owen is offline Senior Member
    I saw this presentation about 3 months ago, it doesn't debunk anything - she doesn't even know what the paleo diet is. 'The vegetables we eat now are not the same as the ones our ancestors ate'. So what's her point? That I should go back to eating doughnuts?

When we have a very recent obesity epidemic and scientists picking holes in the most effective health movement I've ever seen, I do wonder WTF is going on.

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    I don't really care who ate what back then, I just know I feel better when sandwiches and pasta aren't the focus of my diet.
    Exactly!

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    When we have a very recent obesity epidemic and scientists picking holes in the most effective health movement I've ever seen, I do wonder WTF is going on.
    The simple answer is, "Follow the money." In whose interest is it for paleo to be discredited?

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    That's it for me too! My knees don't hurt any more since I quit eating grains! Yay!

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Nivanthe, your post is popular on here! Let's face it, when real people like us see real results, how can you doubt it?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sauerKraut View Post
    I actually enjoyed the video. She's not "debunking" anything, and the whole speech is confusing and does not get to the point. BUT the part where she shows how plants that we eat today were non existent in the paleolithic and that were basically "domesticated" and created by us, blew my mind. I did not know that actually. The "Paleosphere" has you thinking that our ancestors were eating nothing but kale, spinach and broccoli...
    Yep, I liked that part too. Lends yet more credence to a meat centered diet.

RunningMad is offline Junior Member

Recipe?

I just made a fantastic fermented jalapeno cornbread out of masa harina and hominy.

Please share your recipe - it sounds delicious! (Though I'm English so you might need to explain 'hominy'!)

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    +4 - Mark could have called it the "Stop eating bullshit" blueprint and I'd have found it during my search that day. And it would have made sense.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    +4 - Mark could have called it the "Stop eating bullshit" blueprint and I'd have found it during my search that day. And it would have made sense.

quite, sometimes labelling is not helpful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast