Thread: High-protein not spiking blood sugar? page

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

High-protein not spiking blood sugar?

Primal Fuel

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Cool! Thanks for sharing. Is this an ADA website? I see their logo in the top left, but didn't know if that was just a "this webpage endorsed by ADA or what. Maybe one day they will actually start telling people to LOWER their carbs and eat more protein and fat.

The graph in the full study PDF is pretty astounding. Average highs went from like 270mg/dL to 160 mg/dL.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Good paper, Thanks. But these results keep being discovered over and over again since 1930. My cookbook from that date has a diabetic diet in the front that is high fat, low carbs. There sure is a lot of resistance to learning this.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

otzi Guest
    The carbohydraterotein:fat ratio of the control diet was 55:15:30. The test diet ratio was 20:30:50.
    Based on a 2000kcal/day diet, the control diet was 275g/day carbs, 75g/day protein, and 75g/day fat. The test diet they used had 100g/150g/125g per day (carb/protein/fat). I'd be curious to see what the carb and fat sources were, but it's pretty cool that they are catching on to this.

Since eating PB style for 3 years now, I can't imagine eating 275g of carbs in a day--and I eat potatoes and rice every day. I think the only way I could ever hit that level without stuffing myself with starch would be to eat bread and sugar. Maybe they are the real culprit...

fuzzynavel is offline Member
    This is not new, it was submitted in 2004. I'd be interested to know if there have been any follow up studies with larger numbers of subjects.