Thread: Primal Quesadilla Recipe? page

Primal Ranger is offline Member

Primal Quesadilla Recipe?

Shop Now
    I'm addicited to quesadillas and make at least 1 or 2 every day. Currently using Mission flour tortillas, pinto beans, store bought shredded cheese, and any type of meat I can find in the fridge.

Ordered my primal cookbook yesterday so maybe there's a recipe in there but until then can anyone suggest something that could be a better option than a flour tortilla or anything in general that can turn this thing into a Grok quesadilla?

Thanks

Flax Seed Tortillas....I dont have a recipe as I am going to try them later this week, but Google it and I bet you find something. I just bought my first bag of flax seed meal today...here is a quick one I found, let me know if it turns out ok.

Basically it's: 3 Tbsp Flax Meal mixed with 1tsp Baking Powder, one egg, 1 tbsp water, 1 tbsp melted butter.....mix well and spread it onto a 10inch greased pie plate and put in microwave for 1.5-2 minutes. Use a spatula to get it off the pie plate and onto a dinner plate, load it up with what ever you want and enjoy!

Primal Ranger is offline Member
    Right on. Thanks for the tip and I'll let you know how it turns out.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure you could make it with almond flour instead of flax if you must have a tortilla.

Try turning your fave quesadilla into a skillet dish. Diced sweet potato, or cauliflower, or MEAT or egg -pan fried in mexican spices, and then layer on your meat, cheese, veggies. Top with more cheese and cover with a lid until cheese is melted.