Thread: Grass fed beef, organic meat, etc page

Beefsister is offline Senior Member

Grass fed beef, organic meat, etc

Primal Fuel
    Hello everybody! I've been trying to go primal, but I have a question. Is grass fed really THAT great? I'll be honest, we don't have much money for extra things, and while I'd like organic things, they are generally very expensive. So far, I've been eating a lot of standard 'cheap' bacon and eggs, butter, cheese, ground beef, etc, and was wondering if it's really all that bad. I know organic would be preferred, but would eating the regular stuff be that horrible?

Thanks guys ^^

EDIT: Also, while I'm at it, are vegetables all that important, to? Because I absolutely loathe vegetables. Lettuce, raw broccoli, kale, etc, literally make me want to vomit. I absolutely cannot tolerate them. I don't know what it is, but just the smell of salad makes me nauseous. Although, I can tolerate spinach, and cooked broccoli and cauliflower, to an extent, but it would take a gun to my head to get me to eat more than a cup of any of these disgusting plants. Blargh. Or do I just have to 'man (woman?) up' and force feed myself them? XD

I do love fruit though (particularly berries and tomatoes). God, I love tomatoes. I have eaten tomato paste straight out of the can. Yum.
    Last edited by Beefsister; 05-23-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The fatty acid profile is much better in grass fed beef, and omega 3 or pastured eggs ( even better) have a much better omega 3 to 6 ratio than the standard stuff. I would take the money you aren't spending on doritos and pay a few more quarters for the eggs, at least. You can also buy grass fed beef in bulk if you have the freezer space, and it costs the same as supermarket steak. ( some people just buy the grass fed beef tallow and add it to their regular beef). I personally spend some extra money on pastured butter, too - since I'm not using butter to bake cakes anymore, it lasts me a long time. Pastured butter is one of the best sources of vitamin K2, unless you are into fatty organ meats.