Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some immunity-boosting advice.... tired of being sick so much! page

VADogWalker is offline Member

Need some immunity-boosting advice.... tired of being sick so much!

So I read the brags from other paleo/primal folks about how their immune system is rock solid, however I've not been so lucky. My family and I have still gotten just as sick in the past 10 months (went primal last September) and it seems for me as soon as summer comes I'm CONSTANTLY sick. Last weekend I battled full-on bronchitis, and this week it felt like it was getting better but this morning I woke up with a KILLER sore throat. So here we go again.

I'm SO tired of being sick in the summer, it's been like this for me the past 3 years. I even went to an allergist last summer thinking maybe I'd developed allergies later in life (I'm 38) but there were no positive tests.

For anyone who still gets regular colds/sore throats/sinus issues, have you done anything to increase your immunity that has actually worked? I'm practically in tears thinking of another week in a row of feeling crappy and am about to just start popping Emergen-C and Zinc lozenges.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin A, D, K2 and some t3
    nihil

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    There are like 4,000 direction to go, but one is this: could you be being exposed to an environmental contamination such as an air quality issue at home or at work or at a summer activity that differs from your usual routine? In the summer people can get exposed to molds in ductwork that hasn't been cleaned in 100 years. Exposed to different foods than are eaten the rest of the year?

Eating a variety of foods that cover your nutritional needs? If one is going to go the "I ain't eatin no veggies" variety of primal, that requires eating hearts and livers and kidneys and such to get a full nutritional intake and even then I have some questions.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Check your vents and air filters at your residence and work place, if you haven't already.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    What is your Vitamin D3 level?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

VADogWalker is offline Member
    Thanks all, definitely given me something to think about. I'm leaning toward our air ducts/ac needing some cleaning out. It seems like I get hit with the same symptoms every year at the same time, which is right around when we're turning on our a/c and running fans non-stop.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    I really, really recommend apple cider vinegar (ACV).

My mother used to take it everyday and hardly ever got sick, and I've been taking it 3 times a day, for the past 3 weeks, and I haven't come down with any colds, cold sores, or blisters like my family has.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    I would also question your, and your family's, vit D levels. Make sure your getting enough either from direct sunlight or a D3 supp. if you need to.

Also, you could try taking some colostrum (capsule form, of course). It does a wonderful job if you take it at the first sign of any potential illness.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i take d3, k2 and magnesium. eat a wide variety of whole foods. haven't been sick since giving up grains almost 4 years ago.

i'd check for mold in your home or workplace, and change out any air filters too.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have you talked to the doctor? There are a number of immune system conditions (Immune deficiencies) which can result in recurrent infections - typically chest infections. See if the doctor will run a full set of tests across your immunoglobulins -not just the total but also the figures for at least IgA, IgM. These conditions can be inherited, so it is incredibly unlikely both your partner and you have one, but you and your kids may well have.

At one stage I was having a lot of recurrent problems, and the immunologist put me on rhinocort (nasal corticosteroid) to be used in spring and summer. It stops the allergic reaction (since the tests don't detect what I am allergic to) and that in turn stops the infections.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast