Thread: What about corn? page

Barnyard is offline Senior Member

What about corn?

Primal Fuel
    Hello all, should corn be lumped with wheat, barley, rye, etc. when considering the inflammatory and harsh-to-digestive tract grains? Seems to me, with absolutely no scientific authority to back me up but my own common sense, that it wouldn't be as harsh, as a lot of it comes back out in the poop anyway.....thoughts? I like it, so maybe I am looking for justification.....

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    It is so hard to find real corn and it doesn't really tickle my senses so I'm not inclined to eat it.

Radiation experiment corn makes me horribly ill lately. I don't really have a theory on why---maybe the sugar content? Maybe there is a newer genetic modification that I don't react well to?--but it is a disincentive to eating it. Since it doesn't have to be labeled with the modifications you really have no idea what you are getting into.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I think corn is down at the less harmful end of grains with white rice. I am lucky to have access to organic, traditionally prepared, usually sprouted corn tortillas. And certainly I eat some fresh local corn in the summer. But corn is not Primal.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Stay far away from GMO corn products...

Some organic summer sweet corn isn't going to hurt you at all IMO if eaten on occasion and not made the center of your diet.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    I am lucky to have access to organic, traditionally prepared, usually sprouted corn tortillas. And certainly I eat some fresh local corn in the summer. But corn is not Primal.
    This. If you can find products like that, go for it. Avoid non-organic corn.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Most corn products are made from genetically engineered corn. Even organic corn crops could be contaminated with the transgene. Personally, I avoid corn as much as possible.