Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Resurrect the ol, "Hittin your kids" debate page

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member

Let's Resurrect the ol, "Hittin your kids" debate

Primal Fuel
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Paleobird Guest
    No, let's not.

Did you read the article? Good stuff.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Paleobird Guest
    Yes, and epigenetic research is fascinating but only you could manage to phrase the thread title that way.

That's the relevance for humans, I thought- obviously the research should affect child-rearing.

I don't think that anyone bothered to read jack london's "Before Adam" when I posted it last week, with an appropriate title. Fuck it.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    No, let's not.
    Yeah, and why? I think you have to be a little twisted to care.

If you believe in n=1, the data is all over the place.

Not a hitter, but ready for the cool kid throw down.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    Yeah, and why? I think you have to be a little twisted to care.
    If you believe in n=1, the data is all over the place.
    Not a hitter, but ready for the cool kid throw down.
    Huh?
    The reason I said let's not is because the same subject was done *at length* a while back and it turned many different shades of ugly.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    No, I won't hit your kids.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mr. Perfidy, That article was fascinating. I'm not sure what you wanted to discuss with regards to the hitting your kids debate, I guess you were just trying to get attention with that thread title; there are a lot more subtle and complex implications we could discuss.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast