Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's Resurrect the ol, "Hittin your kids" debate page 2

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not to be a Bible thumper or anything like that, but this study reminds me of the verse, ‘The Lord is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but He will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, to the third and the fourth generation.’ (Numbers 14:18) So often people think, "God is so evil, how could He curse people?!" when really all this is saying is the way we are treated and thereby treat our children create generational behaviors that are hard to overcome. It's not just nurture in the behaviors we're taught, but also nature in the ways our genes are affected and those traits are passed down. We used to call it "curses," and now we understand it as epigenetics. Fascinating...

It really makes me glad I left my very stressful job while pregnant and have made healthy eating a high priority. The choices I make now affect not only myself and my child, but generations afterward.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    No, I won't hit your kids.
    i will, line em up
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Huh?
    The reason I said let's not is because the same subject was done *at length* a while back and it turned many different shades of ugly.
    Sorry, meant to agree with you, not actually respond to you.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    Yeah, and why? I think you have to be a little twisted to care.
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    Sorry, meant to agree with you, not actually respond to you.
    Oh, I see now. I thought the bolded part was directed at me. Crossed webz wires.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post
    So often people think, "God is so evil, how could He curse people?!" when really all this is saying is the way we are treated and thereby treat our children create generational behaviors that are hard to overcome. It's not just nurture in the behaviors we're taught, but also nature in the ways our genes are affected and those traits are passed down. We used to call it "curses," and now we understand it as epigenetics.
    Really nicely said.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

wiltondeportes Guest
    Epigenetics is really, really interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12