Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tandy's Playful Primal Journey page 3

Jeapa is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sorry to read that you have been having some problems staying on track. I think the best thing to do is just get back on track as fast as you can. Change is not easy so we will backslide a little in the beginning. I think the cookbook was a great idea. I ordered a couple myself and I plan to try out a couple of new recipes this weekend.

good luck to you and keep working towards your goals.

Tandy is offline Member
    Thank you, Jeapa.

I've been reading some other journals. That also helps.

Something that I have not said yet is that I have been taking psychotropic medications for 16 years and started seeing a holisitic doctor to see what I could do while I am trying to go off of them. I have had success with anxiety reduction from eating primal. When I introduce non-approved foods, my anxiety comes back. Time outdoors helps with anxiety. Sleeping at 68 degrees helps me sleep. The whole lifestyle seems to be proving really well for my mental health. but then I keep going off track. And then the anxiety comes back and I feel not as good. It's like why am I sabatoging myself like this?
    "I came to live out loud!" -Emile Zola

Tandy is offline Member
    Eggs. Bacon. Broccoli. Latte raw milk and stevia organic decaf espresso. Water. Supplements. Doing well. Birthday party today. Not sure what I will eat but I'm feeling strong today so far. Menses is over so maybe that's why.

Tandy is offline Member
    pizza and cake. blah. that's it for the day. I don't know how i could possibly eat anything else.

I'm still feeling sick so i'm not getting much activity.

Tandy is offline Member
    45 minute stroll around the neighborhood. Barefoot for half the time and the 5fingers for the other half. I am feeling more in control and may eat dinner. The kielbasa and sauerkraut that I made the other day.

It's a little cooler today so we opened the windows back up and that feels great.

Tandy is offline Member
    Approved strawberry waffles with raw whipped cream from my new cookbook Primal Cravings. Yummy. It really helped me to enjoy something I was craving while still keeping to approved foods. I think this cookbook is really going to help. 1 espresso decaf. Water and supplements. I'm off to a good start. And I am so happy that my partner is on this journey with me. It helps that we can support each other.

Tandy is offline Member
    At sushi restaurant with friends: pork and Chinese vegetables. The pork was in a sugary sauce. Then we had ice cream at Cold Stone. Lots of sugar. Not too many carbs. 2 mile walk in my VFF. Nice weather. Loving all the fresh air.

Tandy is offline Member
    Macadamias and 2 bananas during the night. Leftover strawberry waffles for breakfast. Green tea. Water. Supplements. 2 snack sausages. Only a 5 mins walk because I was tired this morning.

Tandy is offline Member
    Lunch: salami from farm. Lime Perrier. Raw carrots and celery. Raw cheese.

Snack sausage.

Stevia soda.

Decaf coffee with cream and sugar. Donut. Unfortunately.

I usually have protein in the morning and really noticed that my cravings were earlier in the day than usual. Maybe there's a connection. I am meeting my holistic doctor today so I will ask her what I can do about the cravings. At the beginning of primal eating it was easier. I had less cravings after about 2 weeks and now for about 2 weeks its been worse. It seemed to be around my menses but that's been over and the cravings are not.

Not much movement today except car to door about 3 times round trip. It's raining but I am still going to try to walk tonight. I'll just wear my rain poncho. My dog sports one too. That actually sounds fun. Bbl.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Keep at it Tandy. You can do it.

I have had emotional issues all my life, undiagnosed except by me. Definitely bi-polar. Not so much the depression, which has been about like most folks' but manic inappropriate behavior. Fortunately/unfortunately lots of phobia so not much physically dangerous manic behavior, LOL. Also something like borderline Asperger's syndrome. Five years of Primal has pretty much cleared these up.

Magnesium is good for anxiety. I take citrate and gycinate.

Have you tried more healthy carbs, e.g. root vegetables?
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast