Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tandy's Playful Primal Journey page 2

Tandy is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks, Pinot-Girl for the welcome. Tandy is my given name. I have only met one other person with that name and it was spelled Thandie.

Dinner was new york strip. NOt marinated. I really need to start marinating steak. I think it would be more tender. I'm new to cooking steak. Also, green beans with celtic sea salt, pepper, and coconut oil. Water. Supplements.

I have been fighting a crazy sweet tooth all day. I'm still craving that hot fudge cake. Not going to do it. No way. Soooo, I bought some strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries and am having them with raw cream whipped cream with a hint of vanilla stevia that I have left over from another berries and cream night. This cream is so yummy that I think it classifies as fun. Yes, I think food is fun. Especially when it's expensive. LOL.

I haven't done any walking or anything more exercise wise. My energy is a little low from my menses and my partner being sick. I am resolving to walk up 4 flights of stairs and back down tomorrow at work. We have a meeting on the 4th floor. I am lacking in the get up and move department today. It's okay. I am feeling like I am being as active as I need to be right now.

Mark said that he doesn't trust sweetener that adds sweetness without nutrition. That makes a lot of sense to me. However, my holistic doctor has given the okay to use stevia and drink the stevia soda. I am rethinking this because although I am not sure if I am yet ready and able to give up soda, I think that it kills my appetite for something with more nutrition. What I am really doing with that soda is killing a sweet tooth. Maybe I would be better off eating some berries or something. MAybe with a little perrier to get the fizzy. I'm going to think more about that.

LUnch was my partner's idea. It sounded good at the time but looking back on it I'm not sure that it was worth it.

I forgot to add that every night, I wake up once per night. I have been eating macadamia nuts and a banana or two when I wake up. I don't know why I want to eat during the night but it has persisted for many years. I'm not the best sleeper. I have been limiting my light exposure after sunrise by using the natural light and also candles when it's dark. Also, I turn the air conditioning down to 68 as recommended by Mark (he said 60-68). That makes a big difference. Since I changed my diet, started taking supplements, and did these other things, I am waking up once per night versus the 4-6 times per night while I was vegan and taking only B12 supplements. I do notice that if I have a diet coke, then I don't sleep as well. I am marvelling at why I ever do this to myself. Is that 15 minutes while I am drinking it worth it? Hmmmm...

Barefoot shoes all day then totally barefoot while at home. Loving it!!! I feel like I am getting a bit of a workout when I'm barefoot. My muscles feel different and a little sore too. I am off to read what Mark has to say about transitioning to barefoot. Good night!
    "I came to live out loud!" -Emile Zola

Tandy is offline Member
    Breakfast:2 eggs 2 strips bacon water supplements decaf organic green tea

Coconut butter

Lunch: leftover steak and green beans. Lime perrier

I'm struggling with cravings for ice cream and diet coke. I successfully navigated them while on the road for work all morning. This journal helped. bbl

Tandy is offline Member
    more coconut butter

Dinner: I lost it and ate a cheeseburger slider, chili cheese fries, a Diet Coke, and a milkshake for dessert. We left what I had put in the slowcooker this morning: sauerkraut and pork sausage from the farm (no preservatives, etc...) I guess we'll eat that tomorrow for dinner.

Part of me really enjoyed it and part of me is disappointed in myself. Sometimes the cravings get soooooo strong. I am really open to advice that anyone has about why these cravings may be so strong and what to do about it (besides give in).

I bought some more Merrell barefoot shoes at Nordstrom. The only barefoot shoes they have and I like them!

Thinking of watching another food movie tonight.

I walked around the mall and at a couple of other stores. 20 minute walk at lunch and 5 minute walk after dinner. My partner still isn't feeling well so I feel like we will get more active once she feels better. The meeting at work was postponed and I was in the field today. So, Friday is the day that I am going to walk up and down all those stairs. I'm going to the office tomorrow and am hoping to be able to take some more walks and stairs trips. This weekend, I am planning my first sprinting session. I have found a little hill that is perfect at one of our local parks. We are going to run up and walk down for sprinting. It was fun scoping out a place to do sprints.

I had fun today at the slider restaurant and shopping with my partner. We shared some good laughs and things are feeling good.

Totally barefoot today (whether with shoes or without). Loving that. My transition to barefoot has been super easy and I didn't really have to take Mark's advice because I am pretty much totally barefoot and don't feel any problems with it. My calves are a little tight but it's not painful at all. I feel like my muscles are getting better exercise and I feel really light on my feet. I previously liked the way big shoes (Dansko) felt on my feet but barefoot shoes are way better.

Overall, a pretty bad day food and exercise wise. It's funny that my sw thinking sometimes comes back. The thought occurred to me to go for a really brisk and long walk to "make up for" the dinner I had. Not that a long walk wouldn't be good. But not for that reason.

Tandy is offline Member
    Ordered "Primal Cravings: Your favorite foods made Paleo" It should be here in 3 days. Maybe that will help. I'm just thinking that food has become too routine and boring. I'll see if I can change things up a bit.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    If my memory serves me, Mark says Stevia is not only ok but somewhat good for you.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Tandy is offline Member
    Maybe the stevia thing was another author but I thought it was Mark. So many different messages.

Too tired for breakfast

Green tea and water

Staff meeting: coffee cake and mini pumpkin muffins.

Bleh. Why did I do that. And then I had a piece of chocolate (non approved) on top of it. Bbl

Tandy is offline Member
    Lunch: salami from the farm ( no preservatives, grass fed). Raw organic baby carrots, celery, and lettuce. Lime Perrier.

Caffeine free Diet Pepsi. Not only that but I'm fighting cravings for french fries or a more interesting meal. I've just been cooking meat and eating it with vegetables. Not using recipes or anything. Maybe I'm just bored with my food and am craving something more interesting. Maybe. I feel my resolve weakening and I'm feeling a little defeated.

Tandy is offline Member
    Dinner: non-approved really bad dinner. And dessert. End of story. I am feeling so frustrated with myself. Up until now, it hasn't been THIS difficult to stay on track. I am really entertaining the thought that I am just bored with my food. I like going to restaurants and ordering whatever I like. It feels fun. So, maybe I am just getting bored. I hope my new cookbook comes soon. And I am going to start following recipes at least twice per week instead of just heating up a piece of meat/fish and a vegetable.

I also feel like I'm getting sick. When I am sick, I tend to crave carbs. I have been super tired all day and think my body is trying to fight off whatever bug my partner has had this week.

I parked on the top floor of a parking stucture and walked up and down 4 flights of stairs instead of taking the elevator. I also parked at the furthest point from the door. Bonus: NO one else was parked there so there's not a chance that someone will ding into my car with their door.

Good night.

Tandy is offline Member
    I watched "Fat Head" and am feeling a little better about my dinner. It is becoming more clear to me that my issues surrounding food have a lot to do with my attitudes toward food and myself. No use beating myself up for not complying 100%. I will get back on track and stay that way. It is kind of a checks and balance in itself that I feel better when I eat approved foods.

Tandy is offline Member
    I did well at breakfast. We went to see "The Heat" and had popcorn, soda, and dark raisinets. Then was dinner at Hunter House slider place. Not at all good. Ice cream at Coldstone.

As I am writing and struggling, I am realizing that I feel a lot of guilt surrounding my bad choices. It's hard to write about them here. I am trying to be 100% honest with myself so I can do this thing for good. I want a lifestyle that I can stick with the rest of my life. It's been really up and down. Lately, down.

We walked 12 flights of stairs in the parking garage at the movie theater. Both down and up. That's good. I was belabored in my breathing when I got to the top. I just kept going really fast and not stopping. It was like a sprint I think.

Picked up some food from the farmer's today. I just love that. Love it. The kelbasa and sour kraut that I made the other day is still sitting in the fridge since we've been eating out so much. I am going to have some for breakfast.

Birthday party tomorrow. These events are also challenging. Meeting with friends at a sushi place on Sunday. I feel like giving it up for the weekend and starting again on Monday. Is that all or nothing thinking? Maybe just keeping the non-approved foods to a minimum is okay. Hell, what am I thinking? Look at me. Sorry if you came to this page for inspiration. You are not going to find it right now. I need some inspiration myself.

I got "Primal Cravings" cookbook today. I think that's going to be super helpful. It looks completely awesome and has some really good info. in it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast