Thread: No carb noodles, pasta and rice. page

MrBeast is offline Junior Member

No carb noodles, pasta and rice.

Shop Now
    Hi fellow cave dwellers , has anyone tried slim noodles, slim rice and slim pasta ?
    See it in a health food shop ( holland and Barrett ) here in the U.K.
    Made with pure fibre so no carbs at all and only 7 calories.
    Perfect if your craving that vehicle to transport ground beef dishes like bolognese or curried meat.
    Will try the noodles tomorrow with slow roasted spicy belly pork yum freckling yum.......
    Oh and just starting out on my primal life style and have dropped 7 pounds in my first week.

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    I'll occasionally indulge in Miracle Noodles. They are made with the same Konjac. Make sure they aren't a staple but instead a treat, they are really not nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice and hearty greens (baby kale) are also great ground beef delivery devices that won't hamper your weight loss efforts. Keep up the great work and healthy primal eating!

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghanner View Post
    I'll occasionally indulge in Miracle Noodles. They are made with the same Konjac. Make sure they aren't a staple but instead a treat, they are really not nutrient dense. Spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice and hearty greens (baby kale) are also great ground beef delivery devices that won't hamper your weight loss efforts. Keep up the great work and healthy primal eating!
    You can still eat them daily, not for your nutrition but for your gut nutrition
    Konjac root is a prebiotic and will be very appreciated by your gut bacteria (the good ones). The glucomannan fiber has similar prebiotic effects resistant starch is known to have. Of course, if you only eat these noodles, you will starve yourself! But with a very rich bone broth as side course, why not ??

sqidmark is offline Member
    Have you tried kelp noodles yet? Can be eaten as is (somewhat crunchy), but they soften in an acidic environment. As one who has been a lifelong vegetable/squash hater, I have to second the suggestion for spaghetti squash. Never thought I'd say that! Works even as a bed, instead of rice, for homemade Chinese dishes.

lorichka6 is online now Senior Member
    Buy one of these:

Amazon.com: Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable: Kitchen & Dining

Best $25 I have ever spent. I just wish the darn zucchini we planted would grow! Even my meat and potato eating father in-law took seconds of the zucchini noodles with onions, garlic, tomatoes and basil

MrBeast is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the advice I have now learnt how to make rice from cauliflower thanks to youtube will be trying it out tomorrow , having these substitutes help to make the transition into full blown primal.....

Penchant For Pig .....

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    I've been using spaghetti squash as a replacement for pasta noodles.