Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just say no! page 3

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Man, I have been saying no to so much... my dad is killing me. My veggie sister and her hubby are here, but they're not the ones buying crap! He's using them as an excuse. He's buying croissants, cupcakes, bars, cinnamon buns... it's so unfair. There's a reason I don't want that in my house! Although to be fair, only the bars and a bit of a cupcake actually got me. Croissants and cinnamon buns have no allure anymore.

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    That's pretty good! It sucks to be surrounded by so much not-good food; for me if I wasn't paying so much attention to eating primally right now it would be very very easy for me to mindlessly eat a bunch of crap.

Also avoiding more cookies, meatballs with bread and MSG, chips, pigs in a blanket, cupcakes, etc etc. I did have one glass of red wine, which I feel ok about. I'm eating some more fruit and nuts than is ideal, but there is hardly any primal food in my in-laws house, so I'm just doing the best I can.

Goal: Feel good, be active!

Blacksmith is online now Senior Member
    Almost an entire fair worth if fair food. I did break down and have some almonds roasted with cinnamon and sugar and about a gallon of Del's lemonade.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Talya is offline Junior Member
    Raw dairy might be okay for you, it wasn't for me long term, but my boyfriend does fine with it
    It gets rid of the dairy cravings though, because, you know.. its dairy. haha

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Well, I just ate a whole rack of ribs and drank 3 beers. Actually there are three ribs left that I was thinking bout making part of breakfast tomorrow but might just eat right now even though I'm full, and also thinking bout having a fourth beer. I dunno, I'm kinda full, but these are killer ribs I smoked for 4 hours and some very good beer. Maybe I'll just have the beer.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Well, I just ate a whole rack of ribs and drank 3 beers.
    Eating a full rack of home smoked ribs is so primal that it negates the beer. MMmmm ribs.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant and didn't eat any chips or rice or beans! I had the grilled pork chops, and they traded the rice and beans for salad and tostones, and I felt excellent about my dinner I know there were probably undesirable oils, but I think it was pretty good

cheryl is offline Member
    I said no to putting real sugar in my coffee even though I wanted it real bad I told me to get used to the coconut sugar because once I allow me to put regular sugar in once I will convince myself that it would be ok to only use sugar in my coffee as long as its only a couple cups. Then it would be only one piece of cake, then just one pop tart...there is no "just one' with me.

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    Baked 144 zucchini bread muffins and 36 banana bread muffins for neighbors and daughters. I did not eat, taste or try a single bite or crumb. I LOVE to bake. Have done it all my life. It will be a difficult part of the primal diet to stop. I need to work on weaning my family from the baking. My kids are all grown and can make their own choices to bake or not to bake. It is something I love to do and will have to find a new type of cooking.

I do have 6 pounds of home made, primal perfect beef jerky in the fridge and 6 more pounds on the dehydrator and about 2 pounds in the fridge waiting for the dehydrator. I made 3 different kinds using different spices and coconut aminos. Maybe I can replace the baking with jerky making....would love to get a smoker and try that. I even think my family would enjoy the jerky too.

So many life changes to make. Still, WORTH IT!!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, that is some serious baking and willpower to not try any! Good job on that and the jerky making! I need to try to make jerky more often

I just started using coconut sugar in my coffee too, hoping to work down to unsweetened though. It's not bad!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast