Thread: Hello page

Sharon is offline Member

Hello

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi to all.
    i'm Sharon and a complete newbie to Primal.
    Been reading a ton on paleo and Primal and feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the information.
    Questions, questions. And oh, more questions

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Sharon. The basic principles are in fact very simple. Eat vegetables, meat and fruit. Dead things come in boxes. The main area to learn about is cooking oils, obtaining the right type of meat, and what foods to avoid. In my experience its more about what we have to un-learn: forget calorie counting, fear of saturated fat, 'health foods' if they are packaged processed foods. Ignore it all and eat vegetables, meat and fruit.

Good luck!

Britt is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

Chowstalker and Nom Nom Paleo are great recipe websites. The former has a great collection from all across teh interwebs.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Sharon is offline Member
    Cheers, Owen! Sounds like sound advice.

Sharon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    Welcome!

Chowstalker and Nom Nom Paleo are great recipe websites. The former has a great collection from all across teh interwebs.

Good recipes are always a plus. Will check these sites. Thanx, Britt.

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Welcome,

Yes I agree with what someone said, it's possibly harder to undo years of dubious advice, and the pressure of media, friends, coworkers and so forth.....

The basic premis is straitforward and very simple - eat as best you can to natural foods, ones that eat natural foods they would forrage for (eg: pasture fed animals, not pellet fed), eat real fats from animals and olives, coconuts etc., ditch all grains and sugars, eat plenty of veggies and fruit.

Some people find that they can tolerate dairy, some find that they cannot tolerate some fruits, and pretty much you start off as you think you're going, and tweaks happen here and there.

Remember, life is not static, therefore diet is not static, your body is not static, so what worked last year, may not work this year......!

Good Luck! I love this site!

PG!

Sharon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinot-Girl View Post
    Welcome,

Yes I agree with what someone said, it's possibly harder to undo years of dubious advice, and the pressure of media, friends, coworkers and so forth.....

The basic premis is straitforward and very simple - eat as best you can to natural foods, ones that eat natural foods they would forrage for (eg: pasture fed animals, not pellet fed), eat real fats from animals and olives, coconuts etc., ditch all grains and sugars, eat plenty of veggies and fruit.

Some people find that they can tolerate dairy, some find that they cannot tolerate some fruits, and pretty much you start off as you think you're going, and tweaks happen here and there.

Remember, life is not static, therefore diet is not static, your body is not static, so what worked last year, may not work this year......!

Good Luck! I love this site!

PG!
    Cheers Pinot Girl. Think i'm not doing badly then. Tweaking is good yes, i like tweaking