Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange Juice - the thread. Once and for all, lets figure this out page

Davidil is offline Senior Member

Exclamation Orange Juice - the thread. Once and for all, lets figure this out

Primal Fuel
    Breaking off from the general drinks thread, where one person says orange juice is a superfood and the other not to touch it...

Our body does need carbohydrate for energy, period. There is no argument here.

Why not get these carbs from a freshly squeezed nutrient packed great tasting orange juice?

For carbs, how is orange juice "worse" than rice or potatoes that have very little nutrients?
    Last edited by Davidil; 06-23-2013 at 01:57 AM.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The biggest issue with juices from plants that have lots of sugar is the concentration of that sugar. An eight ounce glass of orange juice has about 112 calories and 26 grams of carbs. About the same as 2.25 oranges. But the difference is that you can gulp down the oj really fast.

So, if you replace soda with fruit juice, you will be decreasing the number of carbs/sugars you get because sugared soda has tons more than oj. But you will still be hitting your system with substantial amounts of sugar throughout the day.

OJ is better than soda. Water is better than OJ.

A 12 oz glass of cold water with about a tablespoon of unfiltered ACV and three drops of stevia tastes awesome - but that's off-topic.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    I feel it is more beneficial to eat the whole orange instead of juicing. The white flesh under the rind has nutrients. Plus, how many oranges do you need to peel get a glass of OJ? Just seems like a big hassle. But, if you want to do it, thats your choice. I would stay away from the cartoned OJ and "vitamin waters" though. You can make all the threads you want on this topic and there will always be different opinions every time. Do what works best for you, not just what someone else does.
    Last edited by Paleo0731; 06-23-2013 at 02:37 AM.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidil View Post

For carbs, how is orange juice "worse" than rice or potatoes that have very little nutrients?
    If you like orange juice, then you can drink orange juice.

You can also wipe your arse with brown toilet paper or white with similar benefits, regardless of whether or not it has little pictures/patterns on it. Even use a leaf if you're feeling really Primal.
    Just please don't go around asking if we can help you wipe it, too.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Orange juice is fake. They put it in huge, sterile vats and artificially flavor it after letting it sit and lose all nutritional value six months out of the year. Yes, that "Florida, fresh-squeezed, blah blah blah" is old, old, fake flavored junk.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

When I say orange juice I mean, of course, FRESHLY squeezed one.

I guess diluting the OJ with tons of water would be a good idea. Anyway the taste is almost too strong and very acidic.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    If you like orange juice, then you can drink orange juice.

You can also wipe your arse with brown toilet paper or white with similar benefits, regardless of whether or not it has little pictures/patterns on it. Even use a leaf if you're feeling really Primal.
    Just please don't go around asking if we can help you wipe it, too.
    Beautifully put. Seriously OP, it's just OJ. Stop overthinking shit. I know you're excited about starting TPB but you're young, lean, healthy, and it's just fricking orange juice.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Its just orange juice, its just chocolate cake, its just triple chocolate ice cream.... I just had a pizza at pizza hut, I have no problem eating junk once in a while. I'm trying to figure out which habits to form for the next 60 years.

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    A juiced orange is significantly different than pizza hut, chocolate cake and ice cream. You obviously want to drink orange juice after we gave you our opinions and suggestions. So do it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast