Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Getting my life back

Shop Now
    I have had Hashimoto's and have been on Synthroid for many years. Currently my dose is too high and is being scaled back. It takes 8 to 12 weeks before a blood test will determine if a new dose is giving the "correct" lab values. Even then, you might not feel good. A good doc will not go by blood test alone. The point is, it takes time, and it's difficult to lose weight if you are hypothyroid.
    I started PB 13 months ago. I already knew I was very sensitive to wheat. When I started, I had no intention of giving up dairy. Forum posters here on MDA repeatedly suggested that ditching dairy was key to weight loss. I gave it a trial (did not give up heavy whipping cream for coffee, though) and the weight did start to go, though slowly. I have lost 22 pounds in a year. My skin rashes went away, as did constant joint pain and stiffness, and eliminated sinus pain and pressure, all as a result of ditching dairy. I walk a lot. My triglycerides are way down, and my cholesterol has come down a bit. You can get lots of good ideas here, but ultimately, the only way to know what works for you is to experiment on yourself. I don't count calories or macros, and I still tend to overeat at times, but its meat, veggies, fruit, and fish.
    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeapa View Post
    I just ordered all 3 books in Rune series. I am looking forward to reading them.

I know how labor intensive farm work can be as I grew up on a farm. I have a small flock of chickens now cause I missed the eggs so much. Lady Friend probably works harder on a day to day basis then most people do in a week.
    I hope you enjoy the Rune series! I've never had to do so much research for anything as I did those five books, not even my senior thesis. My living room was covered in library books about Vikings and runes and shipwrecks.

You have chickens, too!!! What kind?