Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting my life back page 2

Jeapa is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JenLiana View Post
    Welcome Jaepa, seems you are doing great so far! Keep up the excellent work. I know you can do it, and your husband will be so surprised. What a great gift to give yourself, and him for his homecoming!

I went cold turkey on everything when I started. And oddly enough I no longer crave bread, starch or sugar! The first few days were rough, but trust me, that will end!

Proud of you!!
    Thanks so much JenLiana. I am feeling more confident as each day passes. We can do this!

Jeapa is offline Member
    Last night I spent a considerable amount of time reflecting on where I am, and where I want to be in the next 12 months. I came to the realization that I probably haven't been healthy for most of my adult life even though I was a good weight. I am not happy that I gained 70 lbs over the last 5 years, but if hitting rock bottom is what it took to lead me here maybe it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

For the first time in a long while I woke up this morning feeling like I was ready to not only face my day but to conquer it! I took the day off from work to get caught up on the many chores and tasks I have let slide for the past 2 months feeling depressed and unmotivated. I need a life reset or a do-over..LOL.. I have a lot of responsibilities both at work and in my personal life that I have not been giving my full attention to. I am on the school board and treasurer of my church, grandmother to two beautiful grandchildren, and an entomologist for the USDA (I do research on bio-control of invasive insects).

My goals for today:
    1. Get 2 months of paperwork off my desk and filed.
    2. Get my checkbook up to date and balanced.
    3. Get my treasurer duties up to date (I am 3 weeks behind)
    4. Clean my bedroom!
    5. Start an exercise routine besides walking.
    6. Schedule in a 1.5 hr nap since I have a 7pm board meeting tonight.
    7. Eat as close to 100% primal as I can.

It is 12:30 and I have already completed 3 three things off my list and have been perfect with my eating.. enough rambling off to finish up my list.

Jeapa is offline Member
    I had Avery good primal eating day:

B- Leftover garlic chicken and red cabbage, cup of coffee w/cream
    L- finished up the garlic chicken and red cabbage
    D- 3 eggs with green pepper, onions, tomatoes, garlic, and spinach, 3 turkey sausage links. I had another cup of coffee and maybe 2 half glasses of water.

I don't think I will eat anything else as I am still full from dinner and feel satisfied beyond belief. I did not get any specific exercise in today except for cleaning house which did work up a sweat at least.

JenLiana is offline Member
    You know what? Housecleaning IS a workout! Don't I know it, I was sweating like mad when I cleaned mine a couple of days ago. Throw on some tunes and dance while you do it too! Its fun, puts you in a great mood, and you sweat more!
    Only thing I would suggest is drink more water!! But you are doing great!
    There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears, get over your hill and see what you'll find there, with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are right on track. Getting things done that have been hanging over you is such a great help for depression. You are taking care of yourself and facing where you've been with health issues will help you make better choices. The process is the solution, isn't it?

Marcie is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jeapa. When I saw on your list 'clean the bedroom' it made me laugh. I see you had an 8 pound loss, that is awesome.

I agree with the dumping the french vanilla. If you roam around on primal and paleo blogs you will find replacement recipes for some of your favorites like coffee creamer Homemade Dairy Free, Paleo, Sugar Free Coffee Creamer Recipe.

Good luck with your journey and I am 3 days into cleaning my room, maybe tonight will be the magic moment!

Jeapa is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missblue View Post
    Sounds like you are right on track. Getting things done that have been hanging over you is such a great help for depression. You are taking care of yourself and facing where you've been with health issues will help you make better choices. The process is the solution, isn't it?
    You are so right, and it does help to get stuff done!! Thanks for the encouragement.

Jeapa is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
    Hi Jeapa. When I saw on your list 'clean the bedroom' it made me laugh. I see you had an 8 pound loss, that is awesome.

I agree with the dumping the french vanilla. If you roam around on primal and paleo blogs you will find replacement recipes for some of your favorites like coffee creamer Homemade Dairy Free, Paleo, Sugar Free Coffee Creamer Recipe.

Good luck with your journey and I am 3 days into cleaning my room, maybe tonight will be the magic moment!
    Thanks so much for the recipe and the kind words. I am definitely going to check that out cause I do miss my flavored creamers. I know in a month or two once I feel comfortable and I am satisfied that I won't go backwards with my eating habits, I am going to have a mocha cookie crumble frapachino from Starbucks. It will be my cheat that I can have once in a great while.
    Who knows maybe by then I won't even want it.

I have had a good couple of days with really no desire to eat anything non-primal. My energy levels continue to increase everyday. I haven't had the carb flu that I keep reading about so I am counting my blessings.

Marcie is offline Senior Member
    Who's idea was a mocha cookie crumble frapachino anyways? Evil people! I just had a coffee at starbucks the other day (check out the carbs in one of those bad boys, it may make you change your mind). I still struggle with food choices and backsliding but I try to get back on track the very next day. Maybe there is a primal/paleo frapachino recipe out there. (my room still isn't clean! you?)

Jeapa is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
    Who's idea was a mocha cookie crumble frapachino anyways? Evil people! I just had a coffee at starbucks the other day (check out the carbs in one of those bad boys, it may make you change your mind). I still struggle with food choices and backsliding but I try to get back on track the very next day. Maybe there is a primal/paleo frapachino recipe out there. (my room still isn't clean! you?)
    I know right, I would have been better off never tasting the frapachino in the first place. The good thing is that I actually have to drive out of my to get to a Starbucks so it is easy to stay away.

I am about 8 days into primal and I know it is early yet, but I thinking this could be life changing for me. I have seen improvements in how I feel and I am excited to see how my blood work will look at the end of July.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast