Last night I spent a considerable amount of time reflecting on where I am, and where I want to be in the next 12 months. I came to the realization that I probably haven't been healthy for most of my adult life even though I was a good weight. I am not happy that I gained 70 lbs over the last 5 years, but if hitting rock bottom is what it took to lead me here maybe it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
For the first time in a long while I woke up this morning feeling like I was ready to not only face my day but to conquer it! I took the day off from work to get caught up on the many chores and tasks I have let slide for the past 2 months feeling depressed and unmotivated. I need a life reset or a do-over..LOL.. I have a lot of responsibilities both at work and in my personal life that I have not been giving my full attention to. I am on the school board and treasurer of my church, grandmother to two beautiful grandchildren, and an entomologist for the USDA (I do research on bio-control of invasive insects).
My goals for today:
1. Get 2 months of paperwork off my desk and filed.
2. Get my checkbook up to date and balanced.
3. Get my treasurer duties up to date (I am 3 weeks behind)
4. Clean my bedroom!
5. Start an exercise routine besides walking.
6. Schedule in a 1.5 hr nap since I have a 7pm board meeting tonight.
7. Eat as close to 100% primal as I can.
It is 12:30 and I have already completed 3 three things off my list and have been perfect with my eating.. enough rambling off to finish up my list.