Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What CAN I drink, for crying out loud? (is FRESH organge juice OK?) page

Davidil is offline Senior Member

Angry What CAN I drink, for crying out loud? (is FRESH organge juice OK?)

Shop Now
    If I look at the refrigerator of any store it seems I can't drink anything but water. I love water but comon, there must be something else. Sodas - out, diet sodas - out, milky things out, juices - out, energy drinks - out.

What CAN I drink, for crying out loud?

How about FRESH fruit juices? I feel like they are packed with sugars, even if they are freshly squeezed.

What FRESH juices are ok? Apple? Carrot? Orange?

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Coffee and tea of all kinds (black, green, herbal).

But really you can drink whatever you want. I think fresh-squeezed fruit juice is fine in moderation and on occasion, especially if your goal isn't to lose weight. And I drank raw milk when I used to have a supplier.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    you might find this thread useful. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread85794.html
    when i get desperate i dilute the juice of a fresh squeezed orange with twice the volume of iced water - i put the pulp in there too as i like the bits
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Right now in my fridge I have a lemongrass green tea, a hibiscus herbal tea, and a cucumber tarragon infusion thing. All homemade- I haven't found anything in a bottle that I like.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

The problem is that I travel. I can't make home made and they don't sell here no sugar no junk brands of tea or coconut water. I'm in Cyprus at the moment...

So tea, that's it? Pretty depressing.

I'll check that thread, thanks

Zach is offline Banned
    Fresh orange juice is literally a superfood. Check it on nutriantdata.com, its loaded with vitamins and has a bit if minerals as well. Also milk is awesome, why not drink it?

Huarache Gal is online now Senior Member
    I'm a big fan of mineral water (particularly Gerolsteiner).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    My biggest problem with the OJ in bottles on store shelves is that most of it is so sweet it's undrinkable unless I cut it by half with water.
    It's disgusting. Like they concentrate it then don't fully reconstitute it all the way.
    It just does not taste equal to the sweetness of eating the actual fruit IMO.
    Bleh.

But I feel that way about all fruit juices and have since childhood.
    I have never drank a fruit juice that I didn't need mix by equal volume with plain water to make it palatable.
    I don't bother anymore... If I'm going to have fruit I eat a piece of actual fruit and just drink water with maybe a squeeze of lime. It tastes fine to me.
    At home I get fancy and add a ginger juice concentrate I make myself sometimes.
    When out. Water, or water with lime is always fine.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Zach, what orange juice do you drink?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast