Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What CAN I drink, for crying out loud? (is FRESH organge juice OK?) page 5

Davidil is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Tea would be amazing. I checked every brand they have here (Cyprus) and the ingredients list always starts the same:

"Water, sugar..."

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Is there some reason you need to buy everything you drink pre made?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Yes. I live in hotels. I've been traveling for more than two years straight.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidil View Post
    Yes. I live in hotels. I've been traveling for more than two years straight.
    When I travel I still manage to make my own teas just fine... I carry herbal and mint tea bags, use the coffee maker to make hot water, steep the bags, then chill it in the refrigerator for iced teas the next day.

You can steep like 4 tea bags in a short glass at once to make it concentrated then add more water and ice to taste later when you want to drink it.

No problem. *shrug*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Mmmm I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    When I travel I still manage to make my own teas just fine... I carry herbal and mint tea bags, use the coffee maker to make hot water, steep the bags, then chill it in the refrigerator for iced teas the next day.

You can steep like 4 tea bags in a short glass at once to make it concentrated then add more water and ice to taste later when you want to drink it.

No problem. *shrug*

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Drink water if you're thirsty and eat the damn orange if you're hungry,
    it's that simple.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Wow, 2 yrs in hotels I should think what you drink would be the easiest thing to make primal, it's the food I'd worry about. Do you ever eat home cooked meals?
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Wow, 2 yrs in hotels I should think what you drink would be the easiest thing to make primal, it's the food I'd worry about. Do you ever eat home cooked meals?
    Rarely.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    So why are you focusing on what you drink? Is it because you have more control over that? I'd be more concerned about the foods that you're eating in restaurants, most use questionable oils, add sugar and flour to sauces w/o mentioning it on the menu, use commercially raised meats, and veggies not to mention the way the foods are handled and prepared. Trust me I know from experience, I was a chef for quite a long time. Even in "nice" restaurants they do things I would never do at home. I can't tell you how many walk ins I've been in with leftovers that neither had labels or dates on them and they were still being used.

I'd rather buy mineral water and squeeze some lime in it and prepare my own food at least then I know what I'm eating.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

I'm trying to do my best but preparing my own meals is out of the question at the moment. I'm 34, very healthy, thin, fit... for the time being I don't have to go extreme. But when I'm settled down, I will make my own food for sure.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast