Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What CAN I drink, for crying out loud? (is FRESH organge juice OK?) page 4

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gotta avoid that sugar at all costs, even at the cost of ingesting an excitotoxin(mio, diet coke)

I'd personally rather drink arsenic, at least I'd be killing myself with a purpose. And, yes, I drank Zevia one time(all it took) and it was god awful. Bastardization of real cola.
    nihil

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Water.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Water is freaking boring, and doesn't contain anything to fuel your body. It's only good for washing out excess sugar(no one here will have this) and salt.
    nihil

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huarache Gal View Post
    I'm a big fan of mineral water (particularly Gerolsteiner).
    Me too. That's my favorite brand of mineral water.

Also, if you want a fun beverage opt for a NorCal margarita. Use a good-quality 100% agave tequila.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Depends on how strict you are and what you're tolerant/intolerant to. For example, I'd have:

Nut milks.
    Coconut water.
    Fresh juices and smoothies. + Not from concentrate juices. (Not huge amounts, but, if you aren't looking to lose weight and/or don't forget that they contribute to your daily calories, it'll be fine.)
    Tea.
    Coffee.
    And water. Water is brilliant. Just remember to consume enough salts, minerals and sugar to process it, or you'll become dehydrated no matter how much water you drink.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Water is freaking boring, and doesn't contain anything to fuel your body. It's only good for washing out excess sugar(no one here will have this) and salt.
    As someone who struggled with dehydration: water is amazing. You just need to consume extra salts, sugars and minerals to actually use it (most tap water is pretty much empty). But, if you're eating right, plain water is beautiful. If you aren't hitting the right balance of minerals water will either go straight through you, build up or you won't feel like drinking enough to keep hydrated (due to one of the former two problems).
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

BigTim is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    But, if you're eating right, plain water is beautiful.
    I would agree with this too. Water, ice and a slice of lemon or lime. Just perfect. Sparkling stuff for a treat.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I've never understood why people feel that they need to drink so much. Water when you are thirsty is all you need. A meal does not need a glass of entertaining liquid to go along with it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

phigment is offline Senior Member
    I like iced water with either mint or cucumber.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I've never understood why people feel that they need to drink so much. Water when you are thirsty is all you need. A meal does not need a glass of entertaining liquid to go along with it.
    I live in a hot climate an enjoy cool refreshing liquids...

Iced water with lime, iced water with mint, iced water with calamondin, iced water with ginger root juice...
    Water with various mixtures of all of the above.
    Ahhhh. Refreshing.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast