Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What CAN I drink, for crying out loud? (is FRESH organge juice OK?) page 2

rockrunner Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    My biggest problem with the OJ in bottles on store shelves is that most of it is so sweet it's undrinkable unless I cut it by half with water.
    It's disgusting. Like they concentrate it then don't fully reconstitute it all the way.
    It just does not taste equal to the sweetness of eating the actual fruit IMO.
    Bleh.
    I agree fruit juice is always sub-par compared to eating the actual fruit to me...even if you like fruit juice you should squeeze your own from the fruit itself to get anything that tastes halfway decent...the already squeezed stuff from the store is garbage to me.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Seltzer
    Coconut water (LOVE Zico dark chocolate!)
    Orange juice or any 100% pure juice, like apple cider or carrot/apple
    Add lemon/lime to water or seltzer
    Iced tea in a zillion varieties
    Iced coffee
    Milk, if you tolerate it (raw is best)
    Mexican Coke and Sprite etc. is made with regular sugar if that's your thing once in a while.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    Just drink water. Its really not that bad.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I'm a huge fan of fresh squeezed orange juice. I also love having fresh iced tea...yum. Plain or with a little bit of honey. Iced coffee is also fantastic, that's a super treat with honey and heavy whipping cream.

I think your best best while you're on the road is flavored sparkling waters - they're soda-like if you dig the fizz, and easy to find. I don't know about Cyprus in particular but bottled sparkling waters and seltzers are commonplace all over, no?
    Last edited by little vase; 06-23-2013 at 08:29 PM.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you realize you can drink whatever you want, right?

but here

50 Awesome Flavored Water Recipes | 52 Kitchen Adventures

it can be applied to tea as well
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

pollo_la is offline Member
    We have a soda stream - the little machine thingy that carbonates water, so we drink a lot of carbonated water (we never add the sweetener) for something other then just plain old water. Something else good is regular 100% fruit juice mixed 50/50 with the carbonated water. It's not nearly as sweet (honestly 100% fruit juice is way too sweet for me anyway) and the carbonation really adds something to it! It's definitely not an "all the time" thing, but even a small glass of that once a day wouldn't be too bad.

Mikee5 is offline Senior Member
    NOTHING beats a refreshing huge bottle of still, mountain water ahhh.

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    I actually think that unflavored Pellegrino is better than plain water. But it was a close race.

phigment is offline Senior Member
    has anyone tried the zevia sodas? there made with natural ingrediants ans stevia as the sweetner. I have thought about it but it is kinda pricey.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    has anyone tried the zevia sodas? there made with natural ingrediants and stevia as the sweetner. I have thought about it but it is kinda pricey.
    They are made with a chemical processed out of stevia, and in the US "natural flavor" (the label on the flavor I looked had no natural ingredients, only flavoring) just means that the chemical was refined out of a product when it existed in nature- it can be the exact same thing as a "flavor" and in fact often the flavor is environmentally friendlier because it can be synthesized with less waste byproducts than the "natural flavor".

The OP made me think of that story where the meditation student is bored with breathing. The master holds his head under water and then asks if breathing is still boring. My great great great grandmother was sent by train out of a famine area to an orphanage and never saw her family again. Starving to death, I doubt she looked at the wheel grease on the train and was sad there wasn't a chemist around to make it a brightly colored sports drink... She probably just wanted actual food.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast