Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: No enough carbs? Workingout at the gym. page 11

Davidil is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    "I lift twice a week.

Monday = Deadlifts, Back, Chest

Thursday = Legs, Shoulders, Biceps

3 sets on each muscle group with 5 repetitions as close to max as possible.

Tabata Sprints and planking on Saturdays.

No burn out and an incredible rush every time. The trick is to lift hard and heavy with decent tempo thus maintaining a short and intense workout. When I leave the gym my body is literally shaking.

And people shake their heads because I only spend about 20 min there."

This is from a thread in the fitnesd forum. Another troll?

Nice, and you're right. Light muscular damage would be repaired quickly. If you're interested in maximum growth, why not go to maximum damage and then the needed rest? Why go to the gym and work lightly only to come back the next day and do it again?

And if you'd read what I wrote you'd see I never said I'll work out just 12 minutes a week. I said I'm jacking it up by doing twice more exercises and going to failure three times each. But I think I'll reduce it because I literally feel as if I just left the gym and it's been 48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    Bit of a shit slinging match we got here. I'll pipe in with my opinion though I'm not gunna start slinging poo.

I have a foot in both camps. I don't think 12 minutes a week is optimal, thou I can see his point, he might be doing 90% less work than you other blokes but he's probably getting far more than 10% of the results.

I think the problem comes with this; I haven't found much solid science on how long muscles take to recover, we all are just making empirical guesses in regards to muscle recovery/growth.

With my own empirical testing (like Zach does with his diet) I have found it varies non-linearly depending on muscle effort. Small efforts can be recovered from in minutes, massive muscular efforts might take 5 days. To me it's kinda like a logarhythmic scale.

You guys are all sitting 20% back from failure and doing 3-4 days a weeks sounds about optimal. 80% effort = 1 extra day recovery. Davidil going to failure then taking 5 days to recover sounds about right too.

My approach is to not follow a specific protocol. Some weeks I might only do 1 or 2 massive efforts. The next week I might do low intensity push/pull/squats every day for a whole week. Been gettin pretty good results with that.

Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidil View Post
    This is from a thread in the fitnesd forum. Another troll?
    No one ever said you wouldn't get any results. Then you started to bring up McGuff and the SuperSlow crap that's irrelevant and doesn't work.

Do what works for you. I've never tried to say that you shouldn't lift once per week. I was disputing your argument that 12 minutes of lifting per week would give you the same results as someone lifting 3x per week.

Doing heavy compound lifts like the person above sounds great, but it doesn't sound anything at all like what you have said that you're doing.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

What's the difference between splitting your work to twice a week or doing it all in one day? And he writes that he's out of the gym within 20 minutes.

So what are you guys saying exactly, that if 12 minutes a week give you 80% of the results you're having, you still rather go to the gym 3-4-5 times a week for 60-90 minutes each time?

What's the difference between splitting your work to twice a week or doing it all in one day? And he writes that he's out of the gym within 20 minutes.

So what are you guys saying exactly, that if 12 minutes a week give you 80% of the results you're having, you still rather go to the gym 3-4-5 times a week for 60-90 minutes each time?
    No. I'm saying that 12 minutes per week will not give you 80% of the results you would have if you were to apply progressive overload to compound movements 3 times per week.

By the way:

12 minutes a week, working properly and going up in weights progressively, will give you a nice lean optimal strong body with defined muscles. You'll look attractive.

Will it make you a monster? The kind of person people talk behind his back about him living at the gym? The kind of body most people find disproportionate and ugly? Probably not.

Will it make you a monster? The kind of person people talk behind his back about him living at the gym? The kind of body most people find disproportionate and ugly? Probably not.
    Are you implying that lifting three times per week will make you look like a monster? Laughable.

(Dang it, I keep falling for the troll)

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    I bet Doug was the same size before he started his own 12 minute week plan? Guy seems like he was into sports growing up ,etc. I might buy 12 minutes a week can maintain a decent physique but building one is a different story entirely.

Zach is offline Banned
    By the way:

12 minutes a week, working properly and going up in weights progressively, will give you a nice lean optimal strong body with defined muscles. You'll look attractive.

I would be interested to meet one of these people that are lean, strong, defined and lifting 12 minutes a week. Im guessing you are not one of them since you keep dodging the question of your lifts/progress.

I'm starting to think that you're all dumb or something.

Forget the 12 minutes a week. Full failure. Do you understand what that means? You work your muscle for 120 seconds until its DONE, totally burning and you can hardly move it. You damage it to the max and then let it grow back.

Why do you think that damaging your muscle for an hour is more effective? Don't you understand that damage is damage is damage, you don't have to keep damaging the muscle once its totally burned already?

You can work an hour on the same muscle or reach failure in 120 seconds, the result is the same.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast