Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 Worst Drinks in America page

Bane is offline Senior Member

20 Worst Drinks in America

Primal Fuel
    20 Worst Drinks in America 2010

Take a few minutes and click through these. Your level of disgust will grow a little with each passing image. I love the idea of setting the drink against the equivalent amount of junk food.

There is something really crazy about seeing a Krispy Kreme Lemon Sherbet Chiller sitting amongst 16 medium chocolate eclairs, or an Arizona Kiwi Strawberry (Vitamin C fortified!!) cuddled up with 7 (SEVEN!) bowls of Fruit Loops and trying to imagine how they could pack that much shit into one drink. Mind blowing stuff, to say the least.

I know that there are some monstrously bad drinks out there, but the top 8 made me realize I didn't really know just how bad some of this garbage is. I could eat a LOT of food in a day and be fully satiated, or just chug down the #1 worst drink in America and be done with it in 5 minutes!

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    And people still question where the high prevalence of diabetes and obesity stems from...
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    OMG, I tend to avoid most of those drinks, but once upon a time, I enjoyed MooLates when they first came out.

I've had a red lobster margarita too.

Holy crap, that lemon sherbert chiller, it SOUNDS like a healthy option (sherbert, is usually low fat/cal).

I'm floored at some of those calorie counts. People (including ME!) don't think of that when you're standing there waiting to get a treat.

Jefferson is offline Member
    Wow...

I do have to take issue with the entire concept of the "Eat this, not that" franchise, though. When your diet advice breaks down to "Don't eat that sugar-laden piece of garbage! Instead, eat this ever-so-slightly less sugar-laden piece of garbage", you're not doing anyone any favors.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Back in my Korg days, I used to drink a venti iced quad whole milk raspberry white chocolate mocha from Starbucks on a daily basis. Today I am drinking a Bolthouse Farms Mocha Cappuccino. I kind of feel like I'm cheating by drinking these though.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Those are extremely exaggerated.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Auuuugggggghhhh.
    I couldn't make it through all 20. My teeth hurt

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I do miss some Howling Monkey Cola though... with Quinine

http://www.howlingmonkey.com/

Lean Body is offline Member
    Actually I don't know exactly how many calories, sugar, or fat in this drink. But if you're talking about "the worst Drink" in America, you've got to count this one in. Have you ever taste Beverly Drink from Coca Cola which is sold in Italy? this drink tastes so bad and bitter. I've tasted it myself when I went to the world of coke in Atlanta.

If you don't believe me, go to youtube and type beverly drink, you'll see the reaction of people when they tried it, it's pretty amusing

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    They're pretty negative towards saturated fat though ... check out this bit (from the #1 worst drink):

"In terms of saturated fat, drinking this Cold Stone catastrophe is like slurping up 68 strips of bacon. Health experts recommend capping your saturated fat intake at about 20 grams per day, yet this beverage packs more than three times that into a cup the size of a Chipotle burrito"

It's amazing what people believe when you merely add that it is recommended by some unnamed "health experts".

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast