Thread: Food will kill you! page

Allenete is offline Senior Member

Food will kill you!

Shop Now
    OK maybe a little rant from me!
    I love this forum, and its no fault of the forum per se, but I'm starting to roll my eyes at the too-frequent topics of some food or other being detrimental because of some or other reason.

Bacon, kangaroo, green smoothies, nuts, red meat, you name it. People are in such a paranoia about the constant barrage of new "studies" proclaiming, one by one, common and favourite foods as bad for health.

I heard once though that if we didn't have to eat or drink, hypothetically, we would live for a very long time! Obviously that must be true if these studies are anything to go by.

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    I agree Allenete. I think we overanalyze these things too much. The thing I like about living primal is how simple and intuitive it is. I would be willing to bet that you could take any facet of my life and find some "study" on the internet that would tell me that I'm doing it wrong, eating the wrong things, etc.

I don't have to validate what I do, it works for me.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    I'm afraid I'm of the opposite opinion, the differences what we feed our bodies can make is amazing. I used to think that the type of exercise we did was the critical part in changing our bodies but I now think it's maybe down to 80% diet and only 20% exercise.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm right there with you, Allenete.

Old joke about a farmer trying to save money by feeding his horse less and less... "Just when I got that danged horse down to eating nothing, he up and died on me."
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    I'm afraid I'm of the opposite opinion, the differences what we feed our bodies can make is amazing. I used to think that the type of exercise we did was the critical part in changing our bodies but I now think it's maybe down to 80% diet and only 20% exercise.
    Well yes, of course food is 80% of the difference we can make, but the point I'm getting at is that the constant updates on what's "bad" for us (usually some common and innocent food) is getting ridiculous.

If I was someone very impressionable and new to all this I'd almost be too scared to eat!

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    OK maybe a little rant from me!
    I love this forum, and its no fault of the forum per se, but I'm starting to roll my eyes at the too-frequent topics of some food or other being detrimental because of some or other reason.

Bacon, kangaroo, green smoothies, nuts, red meat, you name it.
    Kangaroos can kill.......best not approach them

You missed eggs - they not only have Artery-Clogging-Saturated-Fat ( that's one word) and cholesterol, but I recently heard eating more than one a day causes diabetes - so maybe breakfast muffins are in order :-o

patski is offline Senior Member
    The over-analyzation and food paranoia in paleo circles is part of why I don't really consider myself paleo anymore. I'm tired of food fear and obsessing.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Find the right balance. The stress of over analysis may out weigh the benefit of being explicitly strict....for some people. There are people who need to be specific, need to have certain steps followed, to have that structure or else it doesn't work.

Each individual must make this self discovery on their own.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I just follow Primal Blueprint, my version tuned for carnivores but still nutritionally complete, and eat as much as I want whenever I want. 8 ounces of grass-fed cheese and a bucket load of organic and backyard berries? That was dinner tonight. And why would I stress about that? I only have dairy once a week, no chronic build-up can happen. Dial it in, and forget about it. After two years of doing this, I'm happily on food-choice autopilot. No more worry, no more stress. Buy it, eat it, don't forget to live.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    It's true.

Studies have shown 100% of people who eat food die.