Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skin worsening on Primal? page 2

ayumi is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I have been eating more bananas, coconut, chocolate, and nuts in general. It's difficult to avoid sweets with kids and husband around.

I did start taking fish oil, probiotics, and borage oil, so hopefully something amongst that works. Thank you, all!
    Last edited by ayumi; 06-23-2013 at 01:44 PM.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Chocolate makes me break out the most...

Also my allergies get worse with bananas.

Aldergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    It could be that you are still detoxing and the toxins are coming to the surface on their way out. Be sure to take a multi vitamin and drink lots of filtered water. Also, dandelion root helps a lot to purify your skin. Use a face cleansing brush with something like pro-activ cleanser. I've been using MARIO BADESCU products and like them very much.
    +1 Dandelion is great, and detoxing does happen!

Zach is offline Banned
    Probably from toxin buildup from excess animal products and maybe a down regulation of metabolism if you are eating low carb as well.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    My scalp got really bad after starting paleo. I turns out nuts are what does it for me. When I first started, nuts were my "fast food" and I ate them fairly often. Eliminating them completely healed my scalp.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

ayumi is offline Member
    No, Zach. In a family of 5 meat has to stretch, meaning smaller servings per person. We fill up on veggies/good carbs. Besides protein toxicity and metabolism issues would more likely show up through digestion issues and sluggish energy.

From personal observation it's most likely the nuts. I haven't gone cold turkey but will soon.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I've been taking Mark's Damage Control multis for 7 months now. They are the best sourced I've found. They are expensive though. My skin became noticeably better in 3 months. I never expected this. It even seems to be shrinking, and age spots disappear slowly.

For 5 months I was taking only 1 packet / day. (There's 6 caps / packet.) Finally I read the dosage instruction printed clearly on the bottle. 2 packets are the daily dosage. So for 1 month I took 2 packet and felt worse. These multi's are way over RDA in most vitamins, minerals, etc. So I went back to 1 packet and feel fine.

After reading the links in this thread I think I'll switch to his lower dose multi, it's from the same great sources. His DC is for athletes which I am not.

My energy and metabolism is increasing slowly but steadly. I can't attribute this to the DC, it could all be the PB diel. But why stop something that's working.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12