Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: people who eat wheat seem to be doing fine! page 9

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What agenda? I'm not getting paid by anyone. I just want you to shut up, that's all. Some things are that black and white.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    What agenda? I'm not getting paid by anyone. I just want you to shut up, that's all. Some things are that black and white.
    Who got sand in Derp's vagina?

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Which was totally the position of the tobacco industry 50 years ago.
    I will gladly give you all a round of applause and admit I was wrong when grains are proven to be comparable to cigarettes, but for now, I'm going to stand by my opinion that that comparison is utterly absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I know it bothers you that there are people who exist that are clear proof that your agenda is false.
    But wait, there are people who eat grains all the time that are perfectly healthy. By your logic, that should disprove your "agenda", right? What gives? Do we just ignore the fact that some people eat grains with no problems at all? I don't think that's the most intellectually honest thing to do, in my opinion.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    With the diabetes trials no. If you're talking about the Ornish heart disease trial then yes, but what's that got to do whether they ate a lot of whole grains or not?
    Just everything.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    As far as butter's concerned, did you see the recent re-evaluation of the Sydney study? I'd say that is as conclusive that butter is protective as Esselstyn's grains trials. Nobody in their right mind thinks smoking prevents heart disease.
    The study that showed polyunsaturated margarine's are bad for you? I wouldn't disagree with that at all.
    How on earth does that show butter is protective. Show me a study where people reversed heart disease by being encouraged to eat butter.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    You're seriously comparing wheat to cigarettes? Goodness, this is too much.
    I think the point he tried to make (and the way I read it) is that someone can look/feel as if a certain thing they do/eat does not have negative effects on them, but it may be doing unnoticed/unseen damage.

Most young smokers seem to look/feel fine and notice no real issues in everyday life connected with their smoking – so their response may be: Smoking doesn't seem to cause me any issues.

Is it comparable in health issues – that’s another argument.

Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    I don't want to be "that guy" who argues with everyone (seemingly this is what's happening in another thread), but this is borderline crazy talk.
    If one has strong opinions on opinionated forums then it’s going to keep happening

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    Most young smokers seem to look/feel fine and notice no real issues in everyday life connected with their smoking – so their response may be: Smoking doesn't seem to cause me any issues.

Is it comparable in health issues – that’s another argument.
    I see where he's coming from in a sense, but I still don't feel that the comparison is warranted. Again, just my opinion

If one has strong opinions on opinionated forums then it’s going to keep happening
    Yeah, I understand that. I try to stay neutral as far as emotions go, and I'm interested in learning as much as I can. I hope I haven't rubbed anyone the wrong way, I just like to debate controversial issues lol
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    I never said that was the sole reason or even a major reason.
    OK

It was the fact they were able to reverse heart disease on a diet that emphasized whole grains.
    Yes I think positive results would come if all the other stuff is done too.

I'd sure like to see a successful heart disease reversal study that emphasizes smoking or butter consumption.
    Smoking study for health improvements? – no, not interested

Butter consumption – in cakes & biscuits etc (they way westerners typically consume it) isn’t going to help IMO.

Butter consumption with real foods – yes that study would be interesting.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    The real question is ......

Do we really need two concurrent wheat threads running?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I love how anything about wheat or veganism is a gauranteed fiery response...

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    The real question is ......

Do we really need two concurrent wheat threads running?
    At least it's not CICO!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast