Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: people who eat wheat seem to be doing fine! page 5

You see the exact same thing in other diet forums. Paleo's that claim all dairy is terrible and giving it up made them feel the best they ever felt. Vegans claiming eggs make them ill, Low fatters claiming a bit of oil makes there blood to coagulate, raw fooders claiming cooked foods caused them to have a miscarriage, low carbers who feel suicidal after eating an apple, etc. The main problem with wheat is the fact that 99% of products which list wheat as the main ingredient are utter junk which are both low quality and contain countless other junk.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 06-22-2013 at 11:54 PM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    You see the exact same thing in other diet forums. Paleo's that claim all dairy is terrible and giving it up made them feel the best they ever felt. Vegans claiming eggs make them ill, Low fatters claiming a bit of oil makes there blood to coagulate, raw fooders claiming cooked foods caused them to have a miscarriage, low carbers who feel suicidal after eating an apple, etc. The main problem with wheat is the fact that 99% of products which list wheat as the main ingredient are utter junk which are both low quality and contain countless other junk.
    LOL

You've completely missed it.
    If a vegan claims eggs make them ill because they feel bad about how chickens are treated that's one thing, and if a VLC or person with some sort of eating disorder who isn't even VLC has guilt over eating fruit that's another issue too... we have that on this forum BTW. We even have a few orthorexics that sweat eating some fish and other natural foods because of "OMG" teh PUFAs too!

But we also have people who are lactose or casein intolerant, nightshade intolerant, egg protein intolerant, people who are sensitive to certain oils like cottonseed or artificial ingredients like Red dye No. 5.
    They know these things from experience and long drawn out elimination diets, not quick guesses and assumptions.

These things can cause people to end up in emergency rooms with allergic reactions, why not make them sick?
    I have reactions to several prescribed drugs ranging from some general illness symptoms and hives to full on anaphylaxis.
    It's a range of reactions. However with consistent exposure to the drugs I'm only having a mild reaction to my doctor says I could have an anaphylactic reaction in the future. With each exposure the reaction worsens.

Hell, I'm lactose intolerant... became so as an adult in my late teens to early 20's and it was a HUGE relief to figure out that stopping dairy was the best thing for me. It was literally making me sick.
    I just wish I had known the same thing was true about wheat given what it was doing to my body at the time completely unknown to me. I'll be paying for the for the rest of my life.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

MikeAtTaree is offline Member
    I suffer from psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. About 20 years ago I went to a rheumatologist who had practiced in a lot of the South Pacific nations (as a lot of Australian doctors tend to do in their 'formative' years ). He said that rheumatoid arthritis is very uncommon among the less Westernised islanders and puts it down to their diet of fish, fruit, traditional vegetables and rice. My arthritis now at age 64 is almost insignificant compared to what it was when I was 44 and went to see the guy. Apart from a very very occasional McDonalds I don't eat wheat.

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    There are people that smoke a pack a day and eat lots of processed food and they look like they are doing fine as well. That doesn't mean its the most healthful option. Sometimes it takes a while for it catch up with your health.

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Maybe there are a few people out there who are truly "fine" and have no problems or health issues whatsoever, but that is not the case for many of us in the general population.

Most of us have issues, and health problems of varying intensity levels. Most people just do not attribute these issues to wheat, whole grains, fruit juices etc.

A good example is the elderly people. They have a built in excuse: "I guess I am getting old". Well maybe it isn't that. Maybe there are other factors at play that affect those weakened bones, those inflammed joints, the poor memory lapses etc.

Further examination reveals that the changes to the most fundamental resources humans have access to: water, food, air quality, medications......if all these things can be tainted or manipulated but without the majority of the population really knowing how much adulteration is happening to these most basic resources, then the people cannot attribute these things as the cause of human woes.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    LOL

You've completely missed it.
    If a vegan claims eggs make them ill because they feel bad about how chickens are treated that's one thing, and if a VLC or person with some sort of eating disorder who isn't even VLC has guilt over eating fruit that's another issue too... we have that on this forum BTW. We even have a few orthorexics that sweat eating some fish and other natural foods because of "OMG" teh PUFAs too!

But we also have people who are lactose or casein intolerant, nightshade intolerant, egg protein intolerant, people who are sensitive to certain oils like cottonseed or artificial ingredients like Red dye No. 5.
    They know these things from experience and long drawn out elimination diets, not quick guesses and assumptions.

These things can cause people to end up in emergency rooms with allergic reactions, why not make them sick?
    I have reactions to several prescribed drugs ranging from some general illness symptoms and hives to full on anaphylaxis.
    It's a range of reactions. However with consistent exposure to the drugs I'm only having a mild reaction to my doctor says I could have an anaphylactic reaction in the future. With each exposure the reaction worsens.

Hell, I'm lactose intolerant... became so as an adult in my late teens to early 20's and it was a HUGE relief to figure out that stopping dairy was the best thing for me. It was literally making me sick.
    I just wish I had known the same thing was true about wheat given what it was doing to my body at the time completely unknown to me. I'll be paying for the for the rest of my life.
    I haven't missed it, because I agree. Food intolerance's are real but it doesn't make them universally bad because a minority don't react well to them. You'll see glowing testimonies over the web for removing lots of different foods. Basically this whole forum believed they were allergic to poatoes and rice a few years ago until Paul jaminet legalized them paleo land.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 06-23-2013 at 01:26 AM.

sauerKraut is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    +1

I suffer from psoriasis. I've been browsing tons of different diet sites for years, and people have been able to put it on remission with all sorts of different regiments, including diets that did not eliminate wheat/gluten.

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    Maybe if people ate a good amount of "primal approved" food aside with some organic, wheat, spelt or rye (without vegetable oils, additives and other stuff), like sourdogh bread instead of cookies and junk food, they would not have such a problem with those grains. So I'm standing in the middle of this point of view I guess.
    Take a walk on the wild side.

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    I think genetics is a massive part of it. Like those people you know when you're my age (21) who drink 3x a week and live off takeaways and look like they step out of magazines. But just because the results aren't immediate or obvious doesn't mean things aren't happening.

Sometimes I wonder what I'd spend all my time doing if I didn't have to think about nutrition/health so much.
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What is "fine" anyway. My 20s were a disaster. My weight fluctuated dramatically during my 20s. I was tired a lot. I was sleepy a lot. I mean I had trouble staying awake during the day. I had a lot of depression. I could barely walk up a hill. I was neurotic about my grades. I was always so freezing cold I wore cut off socks on my hands at all times. There was a year where I coughed unrelentingly, started taking cough syrup (codeine kind), took some once and fell asleep and missed my first day of work at a new job. At the same time something was wrong with my intestines and I had to poop all the time although nothing but undigested food came out. Nobody knew of any of this stuff. They probably thought I was fine. I thought I was fine. Doctors said nothing wrong with me. Just stress.

I'm late 40s now and thank my lucky stars I feel younger and healthier than I did in my 20s.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast