Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: people who eat wheat seem to be doing fine! page 4

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have no problems eating wheat - except that it makes me eat more of it and cakes and biscuits and ...

My father had no problems eating wheat - no digestive issues, no gut problems and no weight issues, healthy heart, fit and active - right up to the point where he was diagnosed with Alzhiemer's at 90. Why do I think that was down to wheat? Because when we took wheat out of his diet, he immmediately improved. Does it matter at 90? I suppose it depends how fit you are. Given that my father was still doing his daily exercises - pushups, sit-ups etc, despite having a pacemaker, then yes, he's a failing brain trapped in a physically able body. If it wasn't for the Alzheimer's I feel sure hwe would have sailed on to his 100th birthday just as mentally and physically active. Even with the Alzheimer's at 93 he's far more active and healthy than most who reach ihis age.

Personally, I'll happily give up crusty loaves, pastries, pies, cakes etc to maximise my chances of going out at a level of fitness and health that leaves me able to live my own life independently and avoid the hell of confusion and missing memories that is dementia.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Zach is offline Banned
    I love wheat. "Shrugs"

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Nocebo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wheat is junk, mostly, but I have a hard time believing everyone that claims revelations upon ceasing consumption of wheat. I still eat pizza and pancakes every so often with no problems whatsoever.
    Are you trying to state that every one here with their personal anecdotes have been ingesting a harmless substance (wheat) for years and their suffering has been from a "nocebo" effect?

I value the opposing opinion to most of the MDA mantra that you provide derp, it helps alot of people who fall through the cracks on these boards.

But it is real disappointment to me that your opinion has to come with such arrogance.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah... my autoimmune disease, that science didn't even classify as autoimmune until years after my diagnosis due to further research, is totally nocebo...
    And the second autoimmune disease that I got as a result of not knowing that the first one was autoimmune and being able to change my diet in accordance... also nocebo.
    And the fact that many of my disease symptoms were alleviated after significantly changing my diet but before I had all of the above information... 100% coincidence.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    I never thought I had any problems with wheat either but after so long without and a little bun last night, I had to run to the bathroom this morning.

rockrunner Guest
    The younger peeps on here need to refer to us older folks about this....we are what you are looking forward too if you don't pay attention now.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Because only a small minority are intolerant to wheat. I also know people who consume nuts, eggs and milk without crumbling to ill health.

zebonaut is offline Senior Member
    Wheat eaters likely have an increase in small dense (dangerous) LDL particles; and a lower HDL. They likely also have more triglycerides in their blood. Higher insulin and blood glucose. You can survive on wheat but not thrive.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    It's birdseed. They want you to think birdseed is food so they can sell more roundup to farmers, so they can sell more antacids to you, so you can get real sick in your old age and they can make tons of money off your illnesses then and so you'll die sooner so they don't have to give you so much social security.
    I work here in a hospital. What you say is the truth.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    Are you trying to state that every one here with their personal anecdotes have been ingesting a harmless substance (wheat) for years and their suffering has been from a "nocebo" effect?

I value the opposing opinion to most of the MDA mantra that you provide derp, it helps alot of people who fall through the cracks on these boards.

But it is real disappointment to me that your opinion has to come with such arrogance.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    The people on here are a small minority, who claim to have such intense symptoms from nearly anything not primal. Forgive my skepticism.

Because only a small minority are intolerant to wheat. I also know people who consume nuts, eggs and milk without crumbling to ill health.
    Yes, this. I don't doubt people feel better not eating wheat, but I do doubt that everyone has a horrible intolerance to it as claimed.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast