Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: people who eat wheat seem to be doing fine! page 2

zebonaut is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    ..and I didn't even mention all the carbohydrate induced fart flatulence caused by bacteria feasting on the feculant carbs

Paleobird Guest
    There Is Another Level Above “I’m Doing Fine” - GNOLLS.ORG

Great article all about doing better than "fine".

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Nocebo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wheat is junk, mostly, but I have a hard time believing everyone that claims revelations upon ceasing consumption of wheat. I still eat pizza and pancakes every so often with no problems whatsoever.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Wheat is a great nutrient for the growth of body..it is full of energy and has no side effects so i guess regular consumption of it in any form is good for health.Rice is however not great and if consumed on a regular basis..it can hinder the stamina.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Wheat is junk, mostly, but I have a hard time believing everyone that claims revelations upon ceasing consumption of wheat. I still eat pizza and pancakes every so often with no problems whatsoever.
    You've also never had zits. You are of a different lineage. You cannot compare what works for you with what works for fluffy, zitty, large-pored, red-faced, polish/irish-english white people.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 06-21-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    You've also never had zits. You are of a different lineage. You cannot compare what works for you with what works for fluffy, zitty, large-pored, red-faced, polish/irish-english white people.
    I agree, because gluten messes up people's digestion with the abrasive fibers and causes serotonin build-up. though, for many people, they're eating grains without much problems. Not saying it's good food though, and should definitely be avoided, especially supermarket bread.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Nocebo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wheat is junk, mostly, but I have a hard time believing everyone that claims revelations upon ceasing consumption of wheat.
    What would motivate anyone to lie? Constant belching, farting, indigestion, bloating, edema, excruciatingly urgent need to empty one's bowels NOW....these are not normal. Or I should say, this is what I thought "normal" was....until it wasn't. And isn't life so much better now.

I still eat pizza and pancakes every so often with no problems whatsoever.
    Ya, me too. And then I have an immediate urge to take nap, belch, fart...and then the next day my bowels want it gone. NOW. But hey, what's the problem with that. I'm "fine"...it's totally "normal." No problem whatsoever.

I don't think people want a simple solution. I don't think people want to believe that the answer is right under their noses, and an ingredient in everything they have ever known as "healthy".
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

You have IBS, I don't, that stuff doesn't happen to me, or any of the wheat eating people I know. Just sayin'. Gluten intolerance is overblown, not saying that gluten is a worthwhile food anything. No need to get so sensitive, it's just bread.

https://soundcloud.com/peatremixes/gluten-free-dubstep

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troubledstudent View Post
    When my friends ask me about Primal Eating and I mention that wheat is terrible for us, they go on to respond that they eat it all the time and dont seem to be having any problems.
    Welcome, I'm glad you have find primal eating early and that your health is improving as you go.

Just because your friends "don't seem to be having any problems", doesn't mean that problems aren't there. Maybe they just accept some symptoms as normal, maybe they are not even aware of them, probably not at all aware of the connection between their diet and their barely noticeable symptoms, or maybe these things have simply not caught up with them yet.

Don't worry about it, just be thankful that you have found the improvements you needed. Perhaps if your body had been less sensitive you would not have been motivated to look for primal.

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You have IBS, I don't, that stuff doesn't happen to me, or any of the wheat eating people I know. Just sayin'. Gluten intolerance is overblown, not saying that gluten is a worthwhile food anything. No need to get so sensitive, it's just bread.

https://soundcloud.com/peatremixes/gluten-free-dubstep
    It's actually the same with me. I really don't have any side-effects from wheat/gluten. But the stuff really has no nutritional value, especially compared to other foods. Also, I don't know if I will end up having long-term ill effects from it, as I have PCOS, and I don't know if it will mess with the baby in my womb (probably would, since it messes with Knifegill so much). So, it just makes sense to avoid it.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast