Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP James Gandolfolini: Was it the Pasta and the Canolli? page 2

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    or the red meat on top of the pile of pasta.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

quikky is offline Senior Member
    James Gandolfini was an awesome actor and Sopranos is one of my favorite shows. Do you people really have nothing better to do than try to make smug comments on his diet? I don't give a shit how much pasta he did or did not eat, he was not famous for his diet.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    part of what he cultivated in his roles, especially as tony soprano, was the menace and also defeat within his hulking person. he could be looming and deadly, sensual and sexy or utterly broken and at his size that was all powerfully dramatic.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    James Gandolfini was an awesome actor and Sopranos is one of my favorite shows. Do you people really have nothing better to do than try to make smug comments on his diet? I don't give a shit how much pasta he did or did not eat, he was not famous for his diet.
    agreed.

and if no ones professes to know what he actually ate, is it helpful to speculate what he ate based on his heritage or with hindsight based on his cause of death...or...seriously, the country he was in when he died. It is sad..

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sad because I didn't know the guy. I am here to discuss diet.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Fat people are the last socially acceptable target. Unable to publicly look down our noses at minorities or women, we now lift our souls by thinking of fat people as lesser people. We're so freakin' evolved.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I never watched the show, and was unaware he was fat until just now reading it in this thread. It is reasonable to guess (as I posted earlier) that someone you probably don't know anything about is eating a crappy diet that is too high in carby processed foods. You'll usually be right. But even if someone does eat the perfect diet, that will only reduce their chances of getting certain diseases. The probability doesn't drop down to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    But even if someone does eat the perfect diet, that will only reduce their chances of getting certain diseases. The probability doesn't drop down to zero.
    Exactly right, and people here forget that too often. Paleo/primal does not make you impervious to disease. There will be plenty of people on this forum, who after years of primal living will find out they have cancer/heart disease/Alzheimer's/etc. What we hope is that the percentage here, compared to the percentage on the SAD diet, will be significantly lower.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Exactly right, and people here forget that too often. Paleo/primal does not make you impervious to disease. There will be plenty of people on this forum, who after years of primal living will find out they have cancer/heart disease/Alzheimer's/etc. What we hope is that the percentage here, compared to the percentage on the SAD diet, will be significantly lower.
    Ultimately, the mortality rate is still 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Ultimately, the mortality rate is still 100%.
    Yup. Grok died, after all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast