Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Primal Cookies page 3

R.F. is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I actually joined this site to thank you for the recipe! theyre so tasty!

Also I can feed them to my sister, who is approximately allergic to everything except nuts meat and champagne

shemdogg is offline Senior Member
    Just cooked a batch these things are awesome

Puttin in raisins or dried cherries nxt time

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I just made these! I added 3 tablespoons of butter like a pp suggested and I had NO sticking problems! As a pp mentioned, I too will squash mine a little since they don't flatten in the oven like traditional cookies do (but I kind of liked the balls). I also put some choco chips in mine and they were fantastic.

I'm feeling like they tasted a lot like oatmeal cookies. I might experiment with them further to see if I can make these as a primal substitute!

Side Note: I love the primal community for many reasons. One is getting recipes in smaller sizes so when my husband and I eat half the batch of cookies, it isn't something to feel guilty about

Marisa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jqbancroft View Post
    I'm feeling like they tasted a lot like oatmeal cookies. I might experiment with them further to see if I can make these as a primal substitute!
    If you add the nuts and just a couple raisins to each cookie, they smell/taste almost identical IMO.

I made some and posted it here on my blog:
    http://lowcarbnorthwest.com/?p=211

greek_girl is offline Member
    This recipe was amazing! So good that I ate the entire lot on my own in one go.... will do a good workout tomorrow to burn some off!

Fantastic recipe please share more like that!

Amanda Grok is offline Junior Member
    Haha ok this is awesome. I've been struggling with finding things to snack on and I've always loved to bake. And now I can! This sounds awesome, can't wait to try it out on the weekend!
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

ClockworkLime is offline Junior Member
    My partner made these the other night and they were beyond delish! The taste and texture of the cookies has me thinking I'm going to try and use the basis of this to produce a batch of brownies!

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I made these cookies last night.

I removed the honey and instead used Stevia as a sweetener.
    I added two tablespoons of good cocoa powder.
    I added 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter.

This almost cut the carbs completely out and the cocoa powder and stevia made them nice and sweet and chocolatey.

I also made a simple cinnamon whip with ice cold coconut cream and cinnamon to dip them in.

Half a batch was just a couple hundred calories and maybe at most 15 net carbs. That is seriously a minor, minor amount of calories and carbs for so much food.... especially since it was sugar free.

Marisa is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious about starting to use Stevia in my baked goods - any suggestions on brands? Powder or liquid drops?
    The butter is definitely a good addition since the cookies can be quite sticky (especially if you are going with honey as the sweetener).

Also these cookies make awesome ice cream sandwiches when you add a dollop of vanilla coconut milk ice cream (preferably homemade).

Andrea Winslow is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast