Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Primal Cookies page 2

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Cooking them tonight.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    I made them last night, they were yummy but too salty for my taste so next time I'll skip the salt, and maybe cut down the honey a bit as well.

Lolly is offline Member
    I'm going to try this but i really love almond flavor so i am going to sub almond extract for vanilla and use almonds instead of pecans.

carolanne88 is offline Member
    OMG! These are amazing! My 6 year old loved them, too!

Razorburne is offline Junior Member
    I made these for the 4th of July weekend - I thought they were great and my family all loved them. I am a chocolate lover, so I had to add some chocolate chips...I just had to!

carolanne88 is offline Member
    I confess, I too added some chocolate. Just a tiny handful of mini-choc chips. :-/

pantrybites is offline Member
    Just made these last night and they're great. I might leave out the baking soda and see if they're more chewy and crunchy rather than fluffy.

www.pantrybites.com
    Real Good Primal Food

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    I have now made these several times. AWSOME & EASY. Changing back & forth from pecan meal to almond meal. Changing the chopped nuts also. I suggest cutting the honey in 1/2 if you are primal. otherwise they are to sweet.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Mermaid is offline Member
    I made these last week and they were really good, although I think I will go lighter on the sweetener next time! I NEVER thought I would hear those words coming out of my mouth! Me, wanting something less sweet? Whodathunkit?

These were my variations:
    Intentional: Subbed maple syrup for half the honey, and Added 2-3 Tablespoons of BUTTER. Solves the sticking problem, although parchment is still recommended
    Unintentional: Totally FORGOT the egg. No biggie, they just aren't as cakey this way. So if you like a chewy, crunchy cookie this works

oh, and p.s. The dough is FAB!!! I was thinking of just freezing the dough balls and eating them straight out of the freezer. And I do sometimes freeze dough balls and bake them one or two at a time. Fresh cookies right out of the oven every time
    Mermaid

almostGrok'd is offline Senior Member
    yum.
    forgot the cinnamon but they taste fine without. Will try flatten them out better next time. And will definately try them with some dark chocky chips!!!
    THANK YOU!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast