Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for women about that time o month. page 3

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by workinprogress View Post
    She can always go to an emergency room if the only issue is getting in to her doctors office. Noted you said she had shitty insurance, not no insurance.
    That can be a very bad idea. If she had no reason to believe she was in immediate danger of death or permanent injury insurance can refuse to pay and stick her with the entire bill- not just the deductible.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    consistently spotting or bleeding for like 2 weeks now which is very unusual for her.
    Breakthrough bleeding in & of itself is not weird but this extended length of time is worrisome. Stress can readily cause spotting but if she has to wait another full month or more to be insurance covered, I second the Planned Parenthood route. Too bad it's Friday but get on their schedule for next week and see how she feels on Monday might be good.

Absence of pain would lead me to say not pregnancy related but certainly worth checking.

(And when she's able, donate to them later for helping her get some peace of mind when insurance coverage failed. Couldn't help but say this!)

lovin' the guys speaking up here - LOVE it.

Zach is offline Banned
    Thank so much everyone.

No pain, yes prenancy is a possibility although shes good about birth control and been on it after our kid, so 2 years. Yes shes under a lot of stress, there is a yearly conference shes putting together, plus shes a woman so shes worried about what to wear, etc. also she said its a bit lighter today and its real light in general but still not normal for her. Oh and only 2 weeks after her regular period.

I keep telling her to call a nurse or something. Hopefully she can get in next week. Ill have her check out planned parenthood.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    She could call her insurance company's nurse, who might be able to arrange for her to be able to go to the doctor or whatever. And again, planned parenthood.

This type of thing could be for a lot of reasons, though I dont' think it's life threatening and might change after her conference.

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    That can be a very bad idea. If she had no reason to believe she was in immediate danger of death or permanent injury insurance can refuse to pay and stick her with the entire bill- not just the deductible.
    I never said it was a great idea. The OP was looking for ideas and thats all I was stating. It was in your response telling her all roads lead to seeing a doctor that I suggested it.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Zach - just old Gwamma putting in her two cents worth ! Please get her into a doctor especially for a smear. We have had a daughter diagnosed at 18 years old (she is now 27) with an aggressive cervical cancer and the first symptoms were just some oddities in her normal monthly cycle. I don't want to stress you out by over dramatizing things, but at least that one can hopefully be ruled out.
    good luck
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Thank so much everyone.

No pain, yes prenancy is a possibility although shes good about birth control and been on it after our kid, so 2 years. Yes shes under a lot of stress, there is a yearly conference shes putting together, plus shes a woman so shes worried about what to wear, etc. also she said its a bit lighter today and its real light in general but still not normal for her. Oh and only 2 weeks after her regular period.

I keep telling her to call a nurse or something. Hopefully she can get in next week. Ill have her check out planned parenthood.
    stress could do it easy, but yeah get it checked out

there isn't a planned parenthood around here but there is the Health department, what you pay depends on what your income is but it's never expensive. the only extra fee i'd ever gotten charged was 20$, and that was getting extra tests done while i was bleeding out of cycle

so check around, planned parenthood, small clinics, health departments
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Vega is offline Member
    The first thing I'd wonder is how regular is she about taking her pills? Does she ever miss a day? Even being inconsistent with the timing by more than a couple of hours can trigger some break-through bleeding.

While I'd tend to agree that it might be good to do a pregnancy test just in case, this certainly doesn't sound like anything to panic about. Having some spotting while on the pill is pretty common, and there can be all sorts of reasons that can happen that are totally harmless. If it were me, I'd do a pregnancy test just in case, and then wait and see if it happens again next month.

It might just be a fluke from her being stressed, or maybe she needs a prescription for a different pill if it happens again. I had that problem with being on the same brand of pills for quite some time, and then suddenly I started bleeding mid-month so my doctor switched me to something else.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Okay,

first I would get a pregnancy test. That's the most common "change" that occurs in a female body, that can cause this.

Secondly, I would give her $150. This is about what a checkup costs without insurance. A woman's basic check-up. They do a pap smear and check for STDs. If she truly can't afford to pay this, surely you could give her some cash if you're worried about her.

But all-in-all, she is your ex, and unless this is a pregnancy or STD, I wouldn't stress over her health problems too much. Not much you can do.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

JenLiana is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have to agree with the majority, it would be a good idea to get a pregnancy test, I know two ladies ( sister in law and a friend ) that both took birth control regularly and conceived.

Miscarriage is another possibility but I have had two myself and both times, it started off light and spotty ( for 2 days ) then got much heavier and very clotty. Both were miscarriages early on as well, about 2 to 3 weeks. However, every woman is different.

I also have ovarian cysts. It does cause irregular periods but I haven't ever experienced 2 weeks of spotting on and off, just my period either comes early or late. It also causes pretty significant pain in my sides with I am ovulating.

I do suggest you urge her to see a doctor like everyone else of course, I just wanted to input my experiences to see if it helps you any! Good Luck to her!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast