Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zero salt = too few salt? page

efficiency is offline Member

Exclamation zero salt = too few salt?

Shop Now
    hi there!
    i eat veggies and meat and fish and eggs. No salt anywhere.
    Is no salt at all too few salt? (if, then how much you think is about ideal?)
    greets

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    well, in a primal/evolutionary environment, salt would have come only in whole food form - plants and meat

So not adding is not a problem from a physical perspective once you get used to it. Ideally, we should taken in much more potassium in ratio to sodium.

See my 'produce' link below.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    I use Celtic sea salt. Tends to help people with adrenal fatigue and those deficient in minerals...

Has to be organic Celtic or French sea salt though. Himalayan is good too, but the rest are filled with chemicals and pretty much garbage.

I don't use it a ton; it's more of a supplement for me, use it after or before workouts.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    Pretty cool about the salt. When we were in france I bought some in the south of france and north, both in farmers markets, so I imagine its just salt, and nothin else.

I think primal peoples would have gravitated towards salty things, we do have a lot of salt in our bodies. Animals are killed every year because they go lick the salt off the roads, something must drive them to do that.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elorajade View Post
    Pretty cool about the salt. When we were in france I bought some in the south of france and north, both in farmers markets, so I imagine its just salt, and nothin else.

I think primal peoples would have gravitated towards salty things, we do have a lot of salt in our bodies. Animals are killed every year because they go lick the salt off the roads, something must drive them to do that.
    Animals will also eat themselves to death on grains if they can. Just because we like the taste of something doesn't necessarily mean its good for us.

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I read somewhere (can't remember where sorry) that you body adapts to the amount of salt you take in. Too much and the body excretes it. Not sure there is a problem with too little though.

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    Even carbohydrates are good for us ... in the form and under the circumstances in which they occur in nature. I think that "liking the taste" of something is a valid indicator as long as it's real food and not some product which was chemically engineered to be appealing to our taste buds.

AutumnP is offline Senior Member
    Real Salt is amazing and has no garbage in it. If I don't consume enough "whole salt", i.e. with all the minerals, I get very shakey or tired.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    I use pink Himalayan salt occasionally. I've heard a lot of hype about it, and don't really believe most of it but it tastes good on some veggies.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    oh and fwiw, I do use and like salt. Love celtic gray salt. Don't like Real salt.

Love - with a suprising yet true depth - Maldon sea salt.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast