Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many grams of carbs do you consume daily? page

NoMoreGrains is offline Member

How many grams of carbs do you consume daily?

Primal Fuel
    I am interested in lowering my carb intake. As of now, my carbs primarily come from vegetables and one apple a day, but I'd think I can do more to lower my intake. Does the PB have any daily carb limits? How many grams a day are you averaging, and from what sources (specific foods) do you get your carbs?

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    Less than 20g/day, which come from a powdered fiber and vitamin supplement.

I don't think there's any primal recommendation that works for everyone - different people, different goals, different needs.

As for me, my goal's to lose a significant amount of weight so it just made sense for me to basically eliminate them. In time, and as I reach a more manageable weight, I'll reincorporate them, but probably still at less than 100g/day.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    I'm in weight loss mode, so I heavily restrict my carb intake and try to get the majority of my calories from fat. Over the last two months, my intake per day has averaged:

Calories: 1,626 per day
    Fat: 144g per day or 78%
    Carbs: 23g or 5%
    Protein: 67g or 17%

misathemeb is offline Member
    it varies for me. usually i try to keep it under 50g some days i'm up to 75g and about once a week i hit 100-150g (usually from an apple/banana or larabar treats for me)

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Here is my todays total:

Amount of food, grams 1290,0
    Energy, kcal 3627,0
    Protein, grams 86,2 (3.04 oz or 10%)
    Fat, grams 334,1 (11.79 oz or 82%)
    Carbohydrates, gram 74,3 (2.62 oz or 8%)

I get most of my carbs from vegetables and some dairy. Vegetables are important for micronutrients and you should eat them like there was no tomorrow.
    Last edited by Sungrazer; 05-22-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: converted values to Imperial units for the metric challenged. ;)
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Right now I'm in weight loss mode, so doing about 20g carb, 80g protein, and fat to satiety. Carbs will likely go up to between 50 and 100g when I reach goal weight.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Anywhere between 100g and 150g including fiber so 400-500 calories or 20% of total energy. It just works out like that what with generous helpings of cooked vegetables with spices and oils and some fruit. I did 50g or below for a few weeks and I think I reprogrammed my body to be a good fat burner and now I'm reintroducing more carbs. It's entirely subjective but I feel that my brain runs better on all carbs than some ketones and some carbs. If I tried ketosis it might be a different story but that would involve an absence of vegetables which would catapult me into a state of depression which would further impede my cognitive functioning.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    I am consuming between 40-70 grams of carbs a day, mostly through vegetables, especially cooked vegetables like brussels sprouts in bacon, braised collard greens and steamed broccoli. (I'm also petite) I found that fruit (which I used to consume copious amounts of) triggers blood sugar drops, and I now have small amounts of fruit, like 1/4 of an apple, 1/4 of a pear or 2-3 large strawberries, in one sitting.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    ... also to add to the above, I stopped eating sweet fruit for breakfast after reading that some people are sensitive to having a lot of sugary fruit hit their system after not eating for 12-14 hours. Now, I have my eggs with vegetables or a sliced tomato.

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    I am doing the "accelerated fat loss" mode until I get to my goal range, then going up to "fat loss" mode as I find anything above 100g I not only maintain, I gain.

I try to stay under 50g, if not 30g. 99% of those come from veggies, the last from tea/90% chocolate.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast