Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meatza!! page

JenLiana is offline Member

Meatza!!

Shop Now
    I had to share this because it was so awesome!!

I am sure many of you know how to make it, so I am not really posting a recipe. I am just saying WOW!! I made it for the first time a few days ago, it was delicious. Though I did the meat a bit too thick and next time I try it I will make it a bit thinner. My kids LOOOOVED it, they NEVER eat ground beef so I was super happy about that too.

Also, my husband, when i told him what I am making he said "gross" but after it cooled a bit, he couldn't keep his paws off it lol.

For anyone that hasn't tried it and eats cheese, I highly recommend trying it.

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    What the heck is it Jen?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    What the heck is it Jen?
    Its basically pizza, but with a ground beef crust. You just mix the ground beef with some spices ( whatever you like ) onion, garlic, and then press it into a baking pan or dish as the "crust" Then spread tomato sauce ( I just used crushed tomatoes) over the meat, then add whatever meat/veggies you like. I did bacon, tomatoes and some fried mushrooms. Top with cheese and bake at 400 for 30 min. Yummy!

bellincendio is offline Member
    That sounds amazing! I'm going to have to try this over the weekend!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    It's a bit dense, but delicious. It's not possible to get the "crust" very thin, unfortunately, ground beef just doesn't spread out like that. I've read other recipes that involve using shredded chicken that results in a crispier crust. Definitely want to try that sometime.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It's a bit dense, but delicious. It's not possible to get the "crust" very thin, unfortunately, ground beef just doesn't spread out like that. I've read other recipes that involve using shredded chicken that results in a crispier crust. Definitely want to try that sometime.
    Yeah, I don't mean super thin or anything, just a bit thinner then it was. it IS dense, which is OK by me. I did try to save a piece for my breakfast, but it was so good, that I just couldn't. I think it will be one of those things I don't make often because I can easily over stuff myself. Its just that yummy!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If you line the pan with plastic wrap, put in the meat, then put another piece of plastic wrap on top, you can press the mix out as thinly as you want. Then peel off the top piece of plastic, put another pan the same size on top, and flip it over. Remove the remaining plastic wrap, put on toppings, and bake.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I often do this, except with hamburger patties on a skillet. Omnomnom.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Peabody99 is offline Junior Member
    Love meatza, but if we are going to have cheese, this pizza is my all time favorite. parchment paper is a must!
    Hybrid pizza ~ Stuff I Make My Husband

I try not to eat too many things masquerading as grain based products, but this one is really good!

Cyborcat is online now Senior Member
    I made meatza last weekend--it is SO awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast