Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Acne page 3

kyle2006 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Chris Kresser seems to know a lot about just about everything. In this interview, he mentions skin problems may be triggered by gut problems. Hope this helps.

Naturally Get Rid Of Acne By Fixing Your Gut

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Cold water
    I gave some thought about that and came to realize cold water is bad for digestion. I'd stay clear of it.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Well, sure, don't jump into an icy shower right after dinner. :P

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I know that for me consuming any amount of any fruit = continuously inflames skin. There is no way around it. It's even worse with honey, so I figure it is fructose. Right now I can't find it in myself to drop fruit, but I will man up eventually. Or not. Sometimes, there is just too much sensitivity to eat even small amount of something.

Good luck fighting it off!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

fatisyummy is offline Member
    I will tell you what worked for me. I struggled with acne for years, but now I get compliments on how amazing my skin is on a near daily basis. I can't believe how different it is. You would never know I had a problem.

Plenty of fat in the diet, no grains, no dairy. I have no problems with no grains, if I eat cheese (which sometimes I do) I might get a tiny whitehead (and I mean tiny; need the magnifying mirror to see it!) that goes away in a day. I also get dandruff whenever I have dairy.

Aside from that, I actually use a cheap tinted moisturizer and skip anything like foundation (don't need it). I use Cetaphil to cleanse my face without water (just use a cotton pad to wipe it off). And I only manage that once a day.

Get rid of the bread. Cut down on the fruit. Eat coconut milk, avocados, heavy cream, butter, and fatty cuts of meat. Try going higher fat, lower carb for a month, including those foods, and I would bet you'll see improvement.
    Last edited by fatisyummy; 06-28-2013 at 06:05 AM.

becks83 is offline Member
    I've had acne problems since I was 11 and like you have been on roaccutane. I actually had 4 courses of it (which I'm now thinking could have resulted in my subsequent IBS...) -the worst of mine has gone but I do still get breakouts and stuff takes ages to heal.

Have you tried apple cider vinegar? The organic stuff, with 'the mother'. I water it down and use it after cleansing and it clears them up a treat.

Any time I have an upset gut I have bad skin, so they seem to be clearly linked. I eat primal 80% of the time but since I've got used to eating this way, I also allow more sugary treats than I used to. Alcohol is a trigger too.

I will tell you what worked for me. I struggled with acne for years, but now I get compliments on how amazing my skin is on a near daily basis. I can't believe how different it is. You would never know I had a problem.

Plenty of fat in the diet, no grains, no dairy. I have no problems with no grains, if I eat cheese (which sometimes I do) I might get a tiny whitehead somewhere that goes away in a day. I do get dandruff.

Aside from that, I actually use a cheap tinted moisturizer and skip anything like foundation (don't need it). I use Cetaphil to cleanse my face without water (just use a cotton pad to wipe it off). And I only manage that once a day.

Get rid of the bread. Cut down on the fruit. Eat coconut milk, avocados, heavy cream, butter, and fatty cuts of meat. Try going higher fat, lower carb for a month, including those foods, and I would bet you'll see improvement.
    x2!

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

It may not be what you are eating at all, since you have cleaned up your diet. It might be your makeup.

There is no face makeup on planet earth at any price that will not result in a breakout for me.
    Oh, of course. That shouldn't need to be said. Never put anything on your face. And almost never wash it.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

fatisyummy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisyummy View Post
    I should also warn you that if you do this your hair will look amazing. And only need washing twice a week. Three times if you sweat a LOT.

And showering less = better skin.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast