Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegans eat still alive organisms. page 4

sauerKraut is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHLi View Post
    I know humans who also do not perceive/sense pain. Is it OK to eat these types of people (eat them raw or cooked)?

All living entities have essence or spirit, whether one chooses to equate those to a soul or consciousness, that's another thing.
    That may very well be true. the difference though is that all beings vary in the level of "awareness" that they have. Plants being somewhere on the lower end are certainly not "self-aware". It's ok to eat them. It's not ok to eat your friend that doesn't feel pain.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    So, like this one time, I like dropped some acid. And I found this like stick that wasn't just a stick because it had the shape and soul of a giraffe. And I named it and I communed with it, and it was like so fucking cool. And we talked for hours and like afterward, I came away with the knowledge that even the lowliest stick was so fucking up there on the cosmic plane and for like months, I heard the screams of plants everywhere (but especially salad bars) being killed needlessly. This sent me on a like descending spiral where I had to do quaaludes just to get through the day. But, man, eventually, I just reconciled to the fact that the rest of the world wasn't like enlightened as I was, and now I don't eat plants because they like scream when you cut them, man.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    So, like this one time, I like dropped some acid. And I found this like stick that wasn't just a stick because it had the shape and soul of a giraffe. And I named it and I communed with it, and it was like so fucking cool. And we talked for hours and like afterward, I came away with the knowledge that even the lowliest stick was so fucking up there on the cosmic plane and for like months, I heard the screams of plants everywhere (but especially salad bars) being killed needlessly. This sent me on a like descending spiral where I had to do quaaludes just to get through the day. But, man, eventually, I just reconciled to the fact that the rest of the world wasn't like enlightened as I was, and now I don't eat plants because they like scream when you cut them, man.
    you remind me of an old short story i once read. a guy invented a microphone so strong it could pick up the screams of dying plants. mowing, cutting tree limbs, that sort of thing

i think he went crazy. or something. it wasn't a happy ending.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I'm sure they would still react to being tormented, eaten, etc; unless they're brain dead, and in all fairness, basically dead anyway, same as a plant.

Bad example. You cannot in any way prove that a plant feels pain, merely that it's there, and for all intents and purposes sort of alive in an atypical sense.

Derp, the onus is not on my end to prove plants feel pain or not. The onus is on you to prove that it is "more OK" to kill and consume things that do not perceive pain the way humans do.

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sauerKraut View Post
    That may very well be true. the difference though is that all beings vary in the level of "awareness" that they have. Plants being somewhere on the lower end are certainly not "self-aware". It's ok to eat them. It's not ok to eat your friend that doesn't feel pain.
    Plants have no self awareness? According to you? Are you a plant yourself, sauerKraut?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sauerKraut View Post
    What if your friend with the legs they can't feel volunteers them for you to eat...
    Is that acceptable?

I mean, that should be the MOST humane sort of food. The voluntarily given type right?
    Because no life is being taken for someone to be able to eat and have sustenance.

Kind of like the restaurant at the end of the universe, but your buddy's calf and partial thigh.
    I mean... he doesn't neeeed them anymore, right.
    His choice of course, no pressure.

We won't get into full on suicidal people donating their bodies as food.
    (^Yes, this has happened.^)
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

what about the men who donated their genitals as food?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    This ranks as top ten of the most useless threads I've ever read on this forum.

And that it saying a lot.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    what about the men who donated their genitals as food?
    The description I read was that it was tough, and not very tasty.

One of the men was subsequently, killed and fully dismantled and eaten in his entirety... that's what he had signed up for, and those were his wishes.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

PrimalCon New York
    having had penis before, i could see how it would be tough when cooked

gah the one i saw was cooked on a plate *shudder*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast