Thread: A bowl of Lamb's heart, liver, and kidneys... help please. page

SassB is offline Junior Member

A bowl of Lamb's heart, liver, and kidneys... help please.

Primal Fuel
    Flip!

I have the most intimidating bowl of animal in my fridge and I could really do with some help.

What do I do with it all??

Love xo.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I would dice them. Saute an onion and garlic in some fat, then add the heart cubes and a bayleaf, cover for half an hour. Then the kidney and the liver, salt, pepper, red pepper. Maybe some wine. Should be ready to eat in about 15 minutes.

Paleobird Guest
    It would make a good curry too.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SassB View Post
    I have the most intimidating bowl of animal in my fridge and I could really do with some help.
    I was just thinking I should post something similar. Did you buy a whole lamb? I am debating whether to ask for the organs and tongue to be tossed into the ground meat or if it would be worth it to cook all those little bits. Aren't they really tiny?

If they could be thrown together and cooked all one way, I would be game for that. Don't kidneys require some special treatment to remove the ammonia flavor?
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Marinate with cumin garlic s&p , then pan grill 2-3 mins each side delicious.

With the heart open up n take out the cartridge etc, love the texture of kidneys !!!

Pan frying them is so easy n quick , keep them a little pink in middle as they dry out quite quick.

London

SassB is offline Junior Member
    Thank you.

Will let you know how it all goes.

It was a whole lamb from a little village farm. The bug-a-lugs and I have followed them from birth to plate. Cuts still require a little butchering from us - to mince them would be a great idea. Easier to make faggots as well.

Have a fabulous day.

fuzzynavel is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SassB View Post

Easier to make faggots as well.

Have a fabulous day.
    I'm from the UK so I understand that Faggots are a type of food but our American cousins use the word "Faggot" for something completely different and inedible to most of the population.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzynavel View Post
    I'm from the UK so I understand that Faggots are a type of food but our American cousins use the word "Faggot" for something completely different and inedible to most of the population.
    Quite like the taste myself

eKatherine and PB beat me to my usual suggestions for offal, so I'll see their dishes and raise em a chilli
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, faggots are always a good idea.

You might also dice and mix it with mince and fry up with diced onions and sliced mushrooms.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I second curry! I have a really basic curry template:

Saute 1 diced/sliced onion in 2 T cooking fat until soft and brown. Add garlic (to taste) and saute until fragrant. Add 1 can coconut milk and enough bone broth to reach desired thickness, then stir in curry powder/paste (as much as you want). Add frozen spinach (or vegetable of choice) & let simmer until thawed. Add meat and simmer until meat is done.

When shall I arrive for dinner?