Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee before fasted AM workout page

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member

Coffee before fasted AM workout

Shop Now
    Does any one have black coffee before their morning fasted workout?
    & What's the pros & cons if having?
    Thanks

London

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    It's a must for me. Not a morning person so getting up at 5am is not my favorite. I chug about 8-12 oz on way to gym in the morning. I see no cons.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Pro: It gives you energy out of no-energy (=0 calories!) Con: It can upset your stomach or make you pee...

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Interesting to heAr more.
    I know keifer (cbl) talks alot about caffeine in his book and the relationship between training morning and ur insulin levels & caffeine.
    Didnt really understand fully .
    Anyone sum it up?

London

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryancarter1986 View Post
    Interesting to heAr more.
    I know keifer (cbl) talks alot about caffeine in his book and the relationship between training morning and ur insulin levels & caffeine.
    Didnt really understand fully .
    Anyone sum it up?

London
    I can't help with that. I don't overthink things. I like coffee. I really like coffee before I workout. I drink more coffee after I workout throughout the morning. Works for me.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    If you like it and it doesn't affect you badly during workouts, just drink the coffee.

People over-analyse so much!

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    ^^^^ love your frankness!

My fasted workout doesn't usually happen until about 4 or 5pm....I find that it helps me be more pumped up to workout for lifting, but doing long cardio or met-con with a heavy diuretic in me makes me feel like trash. Do whatever though, it's irrelevant outside of how YOU feel.

I agree with Allenete though...people focus so much on supplements, coffee, vitamins, and other peripheral stuff. It's actually pretty easy: Eat primal as much as you can, pick up heavy things and put them down a few times a week (in some form), and move a lot. That is the 99%. Whether or not my nightly putting my feet up on my ottoman is "hurting my fat loss" (this was actually written on here a few months ago) is not my concern....

I squatted 3 inches from the ground with 100kg on my back earlier and am cooking turkey legs in my oven at present. I'll rest my legs however I want, thank you very much. "fat burn" that

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Haha! Loving this thread. I agree that there's way too much overthinking when it comes to this stuff. Unless you're a competitor, it really isn't all that complicated.

For the record, I work out at 6am four days a week, fasted. I have black coffee and BCAAs about a half hour beforehand. Then I have Primal Fuel after. Works great for me.

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    ALWAYS, unless it impairs your workouts, I have a cup even with cream and a pinch of sugar at about 9am...and take a serving of amino acids at about 10:30 and get to the gym before 11. Awesome workouts. Can't miss my morning cup, I used to over do it to get "Pumped up" but I would be soo fatigued after my first lift. So I keep it to just one cup.

Lockstock is offline Senior Member
    I REQUIRE COFFEE before my workouts.
    Infact, my pre-workout is a banana and a coffee, that's it, Workout, consume food afterwards.

But I don't think I could do it without the coffee, yet I could skip the banana.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast