Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Fast Metabolism Diet page 8

splunky is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Leida, did you start this? If so, how's it going?
    I started carb cycling instead-eating higher carb twice/wk on my heavy workout days. I also put the scale away as it was getting very discouraging!!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    No, not really. Just tried to keep to high carb-lower fat (particularly on my 4 lifting days), with some exceptions & fast more. I dunno, I have read the book, but the fitness regimen is blah & I have hard time picturing how eating normally while doing yoga for 3 days in a row without gaining 3-4 pounds in the process. I have hard time picturing the diet working for me.

I also have hard time trying to fit the days in. I have aikido mon and wed (say slow motion = yoga), and hapkido on Sunday (say, intense cardio), so I can't fit the succession of 2x HC/LF with intense cardio, 2xLC/LF with weights, and 3 days of no macros/yoga into my week. And if I modify, what's the difference with what I do now?

Maybe I can try in September when I drop aikido and stick to hapkido, and consider one of hap ki do as a yoga session....
    Last edited by Leida; 08-12-2013 at 05:27 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Scratch it... I hurt my back yesterday, so I am thinking gonna freeze my kefir grains (again) today, finish as much of quark as I can, and give a shot to it:

Wed, Th - cardio days (HC/LF)
    Fri, Sat - lifting days (HP/LC/LF)
    Sun, Mon, Tue - Low impact, pool, steam room days - and hapkido... (normal)

I will need to write down the meal plans because she wants all those combinations (and this, and that...) type of thing.

Or maybe not. Browsed the fora, and it looks like the rules are trickier and trickier when one digs deeper and food restrictions are hilarious (like no cauliflower during LC phase... or beans being protein). I just don't know...
    Last edited by Leida; 08-13-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678