Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Fast Metabolism Diet page 7

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    niki.

I know you weigh yourself all the time. On this diet in your first week, did you weight yourself a lot as well...If so, when did you start to see the loss? I know you said you lost something like 8 lbs the first week. I'm just starting Phase 3 of the first week. For chits and giggles I stood on the scale this morn and I haven't lost anything.
    I did weigh myself every morning while I was following FMD. I lost weight every single day in week 1 and went from 199.0 to 191 in that week. During week 2 the weight loss was slower and I didn't lose every day. I tended to lose 2 pounds, then gain one or both back, then lose again, yada, yada, yada. I was down to 188.2 by the middle of week 3. I ended up going off the diet on July 4th. We had a party that day and then left to go camping and now I'm out of town on a business trip. This trip really sucks because they are "catering" breakfast and lunch every day, giving me no say at all in what I'll be eating and making it basically impossible to stay on FMD.

I plan to start up again next week though.

I wasn't super low-carb before I started FMD. I was having around 100 grams a day. The rice and oatmeal definitely scared me but I did it anyway. I think the cycling combined with no alcohol is what made this work for me. It was also much lower fat than I had been eating (in phases 1 and 2). I just hope I can get results by starting FMD up again next week. I still have a lot to lose and I definitely gained a couple pounds back while camping due to all the snacks and alcohol. Oh well...

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Well, this has been a bust for me. On second week, just finished phase 2 again and have not lost any weight or inches. Oh well...I tried.

FitnessLady is offline Junior Member
    What sets this program apart from many other diets is that it focuses on improving the metabolism rather than simply cutting back on calories. Those who follow the program are supposed to eat three meals and two snacks every day, which should "retrain" the metabolism that has become sluggish due to crash diets and poor eating habits.
    Last edited by FitnessLady; 07-12-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: grammar

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FitnessLady View Post
    What sets this program apart from many other diets is that it focuses on improving the metabolism rather than simply cutting back on calories. Those who follow the program are supposed to eat three meals and two snacks every day, which should "retrain" the metabolism that has become sluggish due to crash diets and poor eating habits.
    which means that ending it after only 2 weeks or any other short time is fruitless

i'd give it at least 2 months, but that's me

Ok...but when you've had no loss what so ever, when everyone loses quite a bit in the first week.....do you continue?

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, I would.

When I started primal I decided to eat real food with wild abandon.

Not binge on it, but just EAT it, and I did just that because I knew I needed
    the noooooootrients.

Did that for about 3 months, and whilst I did pork up about 4lbs, man, I felt so much
    better rubbing up against a few vitamins.

When I added a little calorie restriction and exercise back in, the 4lbs came off plus more.

Just recently I said a big F-it to the gym, three months ago and got back to JUST walking.

Dropped ten pounds.

Could it be all muscle from not weight training? Dunno, don't care. Just feel good not killing myself
    at the gym every other day over training, ostensibly.

Will I quit weight training forever? Hells no, but I'm going to wait to get back to it when the kids go
    back to school at the end of August.

I think a 5 month break from weights will be just what the doctor ordered, and then I'll start back with
    the easiest, but heaviest regimen known to man, now that i've figured out I don't have to go BALLS OUT
    all the freaking time!

Besides not losing inches or pounds, have you "felt better" doing this way of eating though?

If so, I'd keep at it.

Even if not, I'd keep at it just another week to see if you do.

If it's all about healing hormones and adrenals, that could take a bit from person to person, so
    your inch/lb loss could take longer.

I just think that any experiment needs a longer test time than 2 weeks to find out for sure.

I know I personally get frustrated when I would go from one thing to the next and not see results,
    then I figured out that I just need to give stuff time. I mean, time is all I have, right?

I spose. Takes a lot of introspection and it's taken me 44 years to get to this point, too. So there ya go
    for this oldie.

Julia

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I started typing something similar, but then got sidetracked so now I don't have to It is a 28 day deal, 3 different phases in order to hit the different things that happen to your body during the month. And also, some of us are more effed up than others, so it takes us longer but we are still "healing".

I normally gain during the middle of the month, and the 1st month on FMD, I didn't - I actually lost. The 2nd month during the middle of the month, I maintained, so I was happy with that. Even if it had been a gain, I am still happy because on some of the other days, it has has helped move the scale downward when nothing much else has since last year, and not from lack of trying.

With FMD, some days (weeks) I lose, some I don't but overall, I think it has really helped me.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

I don't feel any different at all eating this way. I have been doing Primal for quite awhile, so I've been eating well. I exericise all the time. I"ve just hit a wall.....can't get the weight to come off lately no matter what I do. Just frustrating when you read people losing like 8 lbs in the first 4 days and I've lost nothing. Been looking at the Shangrila? last couple of days. I 'm lost
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

splunky is offline Senior Member
    I am interested in this thread as the FMD has been recommended to me by someone. I don't have weight to lose but definitely fat! My main problem is if I look at or think about carbohydrates I gain weight! I have to stay around 1500 cals (according to my measurements and activity level I am supposed eat 1700 cals to maintain) and less than 60 ish carbs or I gain. My food allergies/sensitivities are endless and it feels very discouraging!
    I don't want to lose weight necessarily, but I want to eat and not gain. I want to eat and not have to think about every single macronutrient every day without gaining the next. Make sense?
    Love to hear your thoughts/opnions

Leida is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I have tried everything else without success, so I might start this one next week. Tbh, I have a feeling if you ate clean it's not gonna do anything for you But what the heck.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast