Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Metabolism Diet page 5

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Also weight yourself before and after a huge turd. I've made four pound poops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    !!!

Is it weird that I want to buy a scale now?
    LMAO!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    If you can't lose weight going low carb and sensibly high fat + some fasting to be honest your fucked.
    Wow. Quite a statement there.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Ok...weighed in and took measurements this morning....I've started. Let's see where this takes me. Just finished the oatmeal smoothie...tastes ok but not crazy about texture.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Ok...weighed in and took measurements this morning....I've started. Let's see where this takes me. Just finished the oatmeal smoothie...tastes ok but not crazy about texture.
    I'm not really a fan of her recipes. I've been mostly doing my own thing, just keeping with her rules. My favorite meal is actually a phase 2 one. I've been making kebabs with sirolin, grape tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms and onion. I marinade it in a concoction of apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, basil, onion powder, garlic powder, and lemon juice. I only marinade them for about 30 mintues (sometimes longer if my husband is running late). Then we cook them on the grill.

She has way too many soup recipes which hold zero appeal right now when it's 90 degrees outside.

Are finding it easy to stick to her portions etc?
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    If you can't lose weight going low carb and sensibly high fat + some fasting to be honest your fucked.
    Well, I guess I'm fucked then.

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Are finding it easy to stick to her portions etc?
    I'm honestly not measuring. I'm pretty sure I'm having more than her portions at some points (dinner) and less at others (breakfast). I just eat until I'm satisfied and stop. Since nothing tastes that great without fat it's much easier to walk away from food. There's nothing on this plan I want to eat for the taste, at least not in phases 1 and 2. So far, if I lose weight it is during those phases and in phase 3 I am lucky to maintain. I lost a 8.6 pounds in the first week, but only 1.2 pounds in the second. We'll see what happens this week...

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
    Well, I survived 2 more parties; a work lunch and my brother in law's birthday. I successfully avoided pizza, cake and booze for another day. I'm down another 1.4 pounds.

TBH, I don't care what anyone thinks of my weighing daily. When I don't do it, I gain. It is that simple. I've been working on this weight loss thing for over 20 years. Daily weighing is one thing that works for me and I am not going to stop doing it. I'm hoping that by tracking it consistently for a longer period I will be able to figure out when I have natural fluctuations. So, that's that.

Life is not quite as much fun when you can't join in on food and drinks, but I guess that's just how my life has to be if I ever want to be a "healthy" weight. Frankly, I was pretty depressed when I got home yesterday because despite doing well on this plan for me, seeing all of my slim friends, family and coworkers just emphasizes how far I still have to go and how far from normal I actually am.
    Hey Nikita,

I just want to say that I clicked into your jewellery link in your sig and I can't see your body, but you have a beautiful face, and in addition you're clearly very talented. When you feel down about your weight, try to remember that

Everyone will see something different when they look at you - and honestly, other people's weight isn't as important to anyone's as their own is.

And keep the faith! If this diet really is improving your metabolism, the weight loss is going to come with a myriad of other benefits. Start looking out for them
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
    I'm honestly not measuring. I'm pretty sure I'm having more than her portions at some points (dinner) and less at others (breakfast). I just eat until I'm satisfied and stop. Since nothing tastes that great without fat it's much easier to walk away from food. There's nothing on this plan I want to eat for the taste, at least not in phases 1 and 2. So far, if I lose weight it is during those phases and in phase 3 I am lucky to maintain. I lost a 8.6 pounds in the first week, but only 1.2 pounds in the second. We'll see what happens this week...
    What did you eat for a protein snack and how much during phase 2?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I looked at the review of the diet and one of the reviewers calculated that it's like 600-800 cals a day diet for the first 4 days. How are your hunger levels? I normally start chewing furniture on below 1000 cals by 4 pm on the second day.

Here is the quote from the review:

Now, I spent about an hour breaking down 1 day of each phase to give you the calorie count of the suggested menu using the recipes given by the author. The calories are for the serving sizes given if you want to lose 20 pounds or less, regardless of your age, sex or weight.

Phase 1 (you are on it for 2 days out of the week)
    Breakfast 127 calories
    Snack 40 calories
    Lunch 158 calories
    Snack 53 calories
    Dinner 390 calories total 768 calories for the day

Phase 2 (you are on it for 2 days out of the week)
    Breakfast 74 calories
    Snack 88 calories
    Lunch 218 calories
    Snack 118 calories
    Dinner 174 calories total 672 calories for the day

Phase 3 (you are on it for 3 days out of the week)
    Breakfast 254 calories
    Snack 60 calories
    Lunch 197 calories
    Snack 258 calories
    Dinner 438 calories total 1,207 calories for the day

Just in case you don't believe me, I will give you a recipe from the book with the calories.

Phase 2 Dinner Baked Cinnamon/Mustard Chicken and Lemon Garlic Spinach Serves 6-8

2 T lemon juice 8 calories
    1/4 t ground cinnamon 0 calories
    1 t Stevia or Xylitol 0-15 calories
    2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken 998 calories

Lemon-Garlic Spinach
    1 T lemon juice 4 calories
    1 t minced garlic 4 calories
    3 c baby spinach 18 calories
    Salt and pepper 0 calories

total calories 1047
    Calories per serving- 6 servings 174
    Calories per serving- 8 servings 139

And that is all you get for dinner. Less than 200 calories.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast