Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Metabolism Diet page 4

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The flip side of "weighing too often," is that you'll learn about fluctuations more than if you only weigh once a week.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    The flip side of "weighing too often," is that you'll learn about fluctuations more than if you only weigh once a week.
    Depends on why you're weighing, I think. For example, I could weigh myself constantly out of scientific curiosity--but it wouldn't affect me emotionally. I don't care what my weight is; if my abs look good and I'm gaining strength on the big lifts then I'm set. Those are my measurements.

If stepping on the scale makes you burst into tears, wrecks your mood for the day, or controls your emotional stability, I can't see how that's healthy or stress-lowering.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    If you can't lose weight going low carb and sensibly high fat + some fasting to be honest your fucked.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Also weight yourself before and after a huge turd. I've made four pound poops.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Also weight yourself before and after a huge turd. I've made four pound poops.
    !!!

Is it weird that I want to buy a scale now?

Sent via A-10 Warthog

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Well, I survived 2 more parties; a work lunch and my brother in law's birthday. I successfully avoided pizza, cake and booze for another day. I'm down another 1.4 pounds.

TBH, I don't care what anyone thinks of my weighing daily. When I don't do it, I gain. It is that simple. I've been working on this weight loss thing for over 20 years. Daily weighing is one thing that works for me and I am not going to stop doing it. I'm hoping that by tracking it consistently for a longer period I will be able to figure out when I have natural fluctuations. So, that's that.

Life is not quite as much fun when you can't join in on food and drinks, but I guess that's just how my life has to be if I ever want to be a "healthy" weight. Frankly, I was pretty depressed when I got home yesterday because despite doing well on this plan for me, seeing all of my slim friends, family and coworkers just emphasizes how far I still have to go and how far from normal I actually am.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I weigh myself frequently. It doesn't bother me, and just makes the range of normal fluctuations apparent.

My girlfriend won't weigh herself more than weekly. She blames every random fluctuation on herself and considers herself a failure, even though the previous day was on track for diet and exercise.

The problem is, she also gets down and beats up on herself when she doesn't lose weight from week to week, even though the difference still falls within the range of random fluctuations.

I think the problem is being too attached to the reading on the scale, rather than just using it as a source of data. Maybe EFT could help with that, but she doesn't live near me, so I can't help her with it.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
    Well, I survived 2 more parties; a work lunch and my brother in law's birthday. I successfully avoided pizza, cake and booze for another day. I'm down another 1.4 pounds.

TBH, I don't care what anyone thinks of my weighing daily. When I don't do it, I gain. It is that simple. I've been working on this weight loss thing for over 20 years. Daily weighing is one thing that works for me and I am not going to stop doing it. I'm hoping that by tracking it consistently for a longer period I will be able to figure out when I have natural fluctuations. So, that's that.

Life is not quite as much fun when you can't join in on food and drinks, but I guess that's just how my life has to be if I ever want to be a "healthy" weight. Frankly, I was pretty depressed when I got home yesterday because despite doing well on this plan for me, seeing all of my slim friends, family and coworkers just emphasizes how far I still have to go and how far from normal I actually am.
    I would think people are giving you more of an opinion than being critical. you need to do what works for you. The eating at parties etc will come I have no doubt. I go up and down. I work hard at keeping or losing but every once in awhile I just say the hell with it and enjoy. Life is too short. Enjoy it!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    Want to know how to get a fast metabolism? Squats and deadlifts. Exercise is going to affect your metabolism far more than anything else.
    Sprints or other HIIT actually will do more. The squats and deadlifts will provide more shapeliness. The HIIT will speed up your metabolism for a day. Or so I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    If you can't lose weight going low carb and sensibly high fat + some fasting to be honest your fucked.
    Well, then, a lot of us are fucked.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
    I gave myself permission to stay obese if I got and stayed healthy. Given that fact, I also weighed and still weigh daily. Letting myself off the hook for my weight freed me from thinking the scale had any say in who/how I was/am.

I now see the scale as it should be seen, as a tool. A tool that is, but one, in an arsenal of tools I have at my disposal on my journey to be the best me.

What it has taught me is, it does not and can not speak the ultimate truth. It is a fickle thing, changing it's mind without reason. That I can stand on it, get off, and back on and it will change it's mind. None of that changes who I am.

I can not control the scale. I can control my choices. I will not let the scale have THE say in my choices.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast