Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Metabolism Diet page 3

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You have to go back to being like a two year old and keep asking yourself "Why?" until you end up at either the universe or atoms, because you inevitably will. It's important to remember how insignificant we are. Just specks riding a bigger speck around a little spark in the middle of nowhere. Nothing that happens really matters and it will all be forgotten - not in thousands but in hundreds of years. Do you have food and a roof? Celebrate! Do you have access to medical care?! OMG, celebrate harder. If we let little details like careers get us down, all those cushy things can be taken away and you might find yourself drying out in the desert like a jellyfish on the sand, dead for nothing but discontent.

Also, I recommend meditation, the kind that results in traumatic emotional detachment. And lots of it. It makes life live-able, because you won't want anything.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Hi Niki; I think you are weighing yourself waaaaaay too often. I fell under this habit long ago and got raked over the coals for it. As some have said, just a little retention of water will throw your true weight off. I went to weighing and MEAUSUREMENTS once a week. Now, having said that....

Mind if I join you on this diet? I have read most of the book and going to start Monday. Got my shopping list all ready to go. Just trying to go back in the book and find out portion sizes. I think the protein was 4 oz for meat and 6 for fish, but I maybe wrong. Funny how hard it is to find something when you are really looking for it.

GL....see you on "weigh/measure" day.

Found the portions......aren't "index's " great? LMAO

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    You have to go back to being like a two year old and keep asking yourself "Why?" until you end up at either the universe or atoms, because you inevitably will. It's important to remember how insignificant we are. Just specks riding a bigger speck around a little spark in the middle of nowhere. Nothing that happens really matters and it will all be forgotten - not in thousands but in hundreds of years.
    Hah, I like your attitude! It's true though--nothing matters in the grand scheme of things so why freak out over anything? Reminds me of the line from the Dylan song: "It's alright, Ma, it's life, and life only."

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Also, I recommend meditation, the kind that results in traumatic emotional detachment. And lots of it. It makes life live-able, because you won't want anything.
    What kind of meditation would that be? I'm very bad at meditating, but I'm always interested.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    The kind where you sit with eyes closed, focused on one image, and denying all other thoughts. This takes training. It was a month before I could make it longer than a minute or two. And even if you go without doing it awhile, it comes back pretty fast - like riding a bicycle. Also useful as a sleep aid. It's a focus-based sort of meditation. There's all sorts of articles written for this, just dodge the woo and focus on the practical application. Be warned, the changes you make to your mind while meditating will affect your whole life. And I, for one, like it better this way. The biggest "hurdle" to "conquering" meditation is to let go, and realize there's no hurdling or conquering to do. In fact, you cannot learn to meditate until you stop trying.

I also use a form of meditation that stems from breath-counting. Since I can feel my heartbeat throughout my entire body, I breathe in for three breaths, and out for four, often counting backward from ten over and over.

There are other forms, I just don't use them much.

http://www.project-meditation.org/a_...editation.html
    Don't know how accurate that is. Everybody says different things, but the general ideas don't change much.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 06-28-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Hi Niki; I think you are weighing yourself waaaaaay too often. I fell under this habit long ago and got raked over the coals for it. As some have said, just a little retention of water will throw your true weight off. I went to weighing and MEAUSUREMENTS once a week. Now, having said that....

Mind if I join you on this diet? I have read most of the book and going to start Monday. Got my shopping list all ready to go. Just trying to go back in the book and find out portion sizes. I think the protein was 4 oz for meat and 6 for fish, but I maybe wrong. Funny how hard it is to find something when you are really looking for it.

GL....see you on "weigh/measure" day.
    Definitely join in!

I try not to obsess about the number on the scale. I weigh myself daily because in the past, as soon as I stopped doing that, weight crept on and I was soon 10, 15, or 20 pounds heavier. I really need it as a daily reality check. I measure, too, but my measurements change so slowly and I'm never quite sure if I have the tape in the exact same spot as I did before. I've noticed my clothes are fitting better, so that's good. I guess you just can't lose weight fast enough... I'm never able to lose it as quickly as I put it on.

As for the portions, honestly, I haven't given them a single thought. I eat however much I feel like eating. I find it pretty odd that after all her talk about how low-calories are bad for you, she then goes on and prescribes a low calorie diet with portion controls. I also find it pretty tough to over eat if I'm sticking with the foods in the plan, anyway. I hate eating rice and oatmeal so it's very easy to stop with those. Vegetables? With no fat on them, yuck. I don't really like fruit either, so there's no temptation there either.

I think the main reason this plan is working for me is that it has removed all the foods I actually enjoy eating and would eat even if I wasn't hungry. There's no chocolate, cheese, honey, alcohol, coffee, potatoes, etc. Those are the foods I enjoy. Without them, food is just about fuel and the entertainment value of it is gone for me.

Koobs is offline Member
    Want to know how to get a fast metabolism? Squats and deadlifts. Exercise is going to affect your metabolism far more than anything else.

Yea...not working...exercise that is

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Yea...not working...exercise that is
    Yeah, exercise has never worked for me, either. But, it is part of the Fast Metabolism Diet, anyway and I've been doing plenty of squats.

miata is online now Senior Member
    Way too many weigh ins. The main reason I weigh myself all lately is to make sure that I'm not dehydrated from long bike rides. My weight easily fluctuates up and down over a 5 point range in one day!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast