Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Metabolism Diet page 2

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, to update, I am much less happy today. I had lost another pound when I weighed myself yesterday, but I've gained 0.2 pounds since then. Ugh. I didn't expect to keep losing a pound a day, but I also didn't expect to gain weight, either. I'm officially depressed at the moment. I am so sick and tired of trying to lose weight and having nothing work.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
    Well, to update, I am much less happy today. I had lost another pound when I weighed myself yesterday, but I've gained 0.2 pounds since then. Ugh. I didn't expect to keep losing a pound a day, but I also didn't expect to gain weight, either. I'm officially depressed at the moment. I am so sick and tired of trying to lose weight and having nothing work.
    Depressed? From 0.2 pound normal fluctuations?

I think we've found the bigger problem.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Depressed? From 0.2 pound normal fluctuations?

I think we've found the bigger problem.

Sent via A-10 Warthog
    OK. So I should be happy? I'm sorry, but I don't see this as particularly helpful. I've been battling my weight my entire life. I'm not someone with 10 pounds to lose. I'm 189.6 pounds and 5'6". I have a lot to lose and I am working really hard to lose it. So, yes, I'm upset when the results are the opposite of what I expect and what are promised.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hey, don't be too discouraged. 0.2 pounds could be anything--most likely some extra water retention. It doesn't really mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Hey, don't be too discouraged. 0.2 pounds could be anything--most likely some extra water retention. It doesn't really mean anything.
    I hope you are right!

I know I'm more upset than I should be. I guess I am just really putting a lot of pressure on myself to "get it right" this time. I am so unhappy at my job and I've been working with a career counselor to try and change careers. My goal is to be in a different field by the end of the year. Right now my work is very isolating and I just need more interaction. That said, I'm very self conscious about how I look because of my weight. I really really really want to get my weight closer to where I am comfortable before I have to go on interviews and start another new job. So, as is always the case, it isn't just about weight. I'm not going to last another year in my current job; if I keep this job I really feel like I'm going to end up on short term disability or something to deal with depression. That will not look good on a resume, so it can't happen. Blah. The dreary weather here right now isn't helping my mood, either.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I hear ya. I hate my job too, and it really puts a damper on everything since we spend so much time at work. I think, for now, you just have to focus on other things in life that you enjoy. Focus on the little victories, you know, and work towards changing the things that you hate (which you're already doing). I know it's freaking hard as hell, but they say that patience is a virtue. Haha! I've never been very patient, but sometimes you have no choice but to be patient.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Sorry I am late to the party, but sounds like you are in a better place now. While it is exciting and fun to weigh daily and see progress, and disappointing when it slips backwards, we have to remember it is the bigger picture

Friday is my lowest weight of the week, so if I weigh the other days, I just accept whatever it is, but Friday is the one I pay attention to. Really it should be Monday, since that is the start of my week, but I just know from weighing daily, that the magic works during the week and makes Friday the lowest weight for the week

Also, I am finding that my inches are going down more so than my weight, so be sure and take some measurements. I also have a shirt I like to try on once in awhile just to see how it is fitting, as it is a bit snug but getting looser, so that is kewl

Good luck!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

So, the grand total for this week is 1.4 pounds. Not exactly impressive. My interest in continuing is waning, definitely. I have lost weight though and my clothes are fitting better so I know I shouldn't stop. I didn't expect to lose as much this week as I did last week, but darn it, I thought I would at least lose 2 pounds. I havne't lost a full inch anywhere yet or anything like that.

At least it is Friday. Today is the parade and rally for the Blackhawks and man, it is just insane downtown. Getting to work today was not easy. I can't wait to leave!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I lost a pound a month for two years. And gained none of it back. Deep breath, take it easy, take it slow. Don't give anything the power to upset you.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I lost a pound a month for two years. And gained none of it back. Deep breath, take it easy, take it slow. Don't give anything the power to upset you.
    If I could manage that it would be amazing. My weight and job are always upsetting me, unfortunately. I'm working on it though! How do you master the art of patience and not caring? If there's a secret, fill me in!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast