Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First night off the PB page

Feanor78 is offline Senior Member

First night off the PB

Shop Now
    I've been doing the PB thing for almost a month now, and it's been going really well - I'm stronger, lighter, and feeling better overall (although I'm still getting asthma which I hoped would recede...) - I got accepted to college and was awarded a scholarship, and to celebrate my girlfriend and I went out for Thai food and ice cream. The Thai was great, my beef Panang came with a gigantic scoop of brown rice, and I was surprised to find I didn't really want to eat too much of it, it's just kind of mushy... I went nuts on the ice cream (2 scoops of Baklava flavor w/ Baklava chunks... mmm...) and from what other people have written in the past I expected to feel sick and bloated etc. but I feel fine!

20 hour fast time, then back to the meat and veggies! I guess the lesson is that it's fine to eat regular, even dessert-type food for an evening - you won't necessarily feel like death and if you've been doing the PB for a while, you won't have any cravings after you've eaten the forbidden foods...

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it's really no big deal at all. Cheats, unintended or not, seem to become a huge sin/absolution thing for a lot of people on here, which doesn't sit well.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I don't feel physically bad when I eat crap either. Anyways, congrats and don't regret it.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    Sugar doesn't seem to bother me at all -- I can have ice cream or something like creme brulee once in a while (and I do!) with no ill effects. A significant amount of grains would be another story.

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, there seem to be at least two camps, and probably a few in between: some people get sick from cheats or whatever you want to call it, and some don't, and all sorts of things in between. Which is fine, except people like to insist their experience is dogma for everyone else.

I do think it's good to keep in mind that cravings or other symptoms can be delayed. And sometimes they're subtle, and may not matter at all at first, but later on show up on your radar.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I felt fine after having ice cream once and flourless chocolate cake once. But I felt horrible after having orange polenta cake (up all night with awful indigestion-I normally have an iron stomach!)
    I think the difference was gluten or grains. I hadn't had any in nearly 4 months and I think I must be way more intolerant than I realized. I'm going to test my theory and have a bit of non-gluten grain to see what happens (and I'm not having it at night, just in case!)

Primal Ranger is offline Member
    We all cheat on the diet at one point or another. Don't let it stop you.

Feanor78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Ranger View Post
    We all cheat on the diet at one point or another. Don't let it stop you.
    Oh I have no intention to, I actually kind of planned this... I knew I'd want Baklava ice cream and Thai food at some point, so I made up a celebratory/ritual framework in which to enjoy it

EDIT: Hazyjane that is a good point, although I had more carbs than usual I didn't have very much in the way of grains/gluten - I'd bet some pasta would make me feel like garbage though...
    Last edited by Feanor78; 05-22-2010 at 04:48 PM.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    No biggie, it's not exactly carl's junior 3x week is it? I went way off recently on my first ever trip to England (fish and chips and Guinness!) and after feeling bloated a bit the first few days, I moved into a semi-primal mode, did some sprinting in the park and cut out some meals. When I came back I had lost 3 lb.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on college and scholarship !!!! That's a fantastic achievement, well done!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast