Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food issues in 3yr old? page 2

Shop Now
    Kathleen, UTI's are actually very common in little girls and some are more prone than others. I'm guessing you don't have kids and don't spend a lot of time with moms talking about their kids.

To the OP, you say that your almost 3 yr old daughter has been potty trained since Feb, but she's pooped in her pants every day since then. To me that isn't potty trained!!! I would have put her back in diapers or pull-ups ages ago. In my experience kids will potty train when they're ready. If you wait until they're ready, the process is relatively painless. It sounds to me like your daughter just isn't ready. And I'm with your hubby on this one: I don't think it's food related. I think it's just a little kid who has only partially mastered potty training.
    Ann of the Jungle's Primal Blueprint Journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78155.html

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann of the Jungle View Post
    Kathleen, UTI's are actually very common in little girls and some are more prone than others. I'm guessing you don't have kids and don't spend a lot of time with moms talking about their kids.

To the OP, you say that your almost 3 yr old daughter has been potty trained since Feb, but she's pooped in her pants every day since then. To me that isn't potty trained!!! I would have put her back in diapers or pull-ups ages ago. In my experience kids will potty train when they're ready. If you wait until they're ready, the process is relatively painless. It sounds to me like your daughter just isn't ready. And I'm with your hubby on this one: I don't think it's food related. I think it's just a little kid who has only partially mastered potty training.
    Gosh - I totally agree 100%. Three year olds poo in their pants - all the time. they just don't care very much - they would rather continue playing than take the time out to poo. She is just not ready.

Put her back in nappies. Create a star chart and give her a pretty gold star when she does poos in the toilet and all the praise about being a big girl.

Worked for my three - and I can't tell you how many times I had to clean dirty undies... Not my favourite pastime but it passed pretty quickly when we concentrated on the potty training again.

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    She has been potty trained day and night (OMG!!!) since about Feb.
    Since then she's been pooping her pants at least once a day, usually twice. She doesn't even notice half the time, even though it's more than a streak.
    Just as well could be that she notices and feels that this is the one and only thing that she can control in her way, not the way you want her to do. Kind of a manifestation of first independence. You press hard on her potty training day and night for many months, she finds her inner Mahatma Gandhi and goes in non-violent resistance mood. Happens more often than parents realise. And nothing to do with food or infection.

merehart is offline Senior Member
    Well there is a condition called encopresis. Basically its like not having full control over the bowels. My daughter struggled with this for years, and the pediatrician basically told us she would outgrow it. They also said it was genetic, and in fact a member of my husbands family also had it.

When we finally went fully wheat/gluten free with the kids, the encopresis stopped completely. She knows now when she gets gluten because it gives her a stomach ache, loose stool, and the inability to control her bowels. And yes, it was the same as you are describing. Not a full bowel movement, just a partial. And she was usually unaware of it even being there. She was about 8.5 when she went fully paleo, and thats when it stopped.

(My personal view is its another indication of sensitivity to gluten.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12