Thread: Today Show: Bulletproof Coffee page

amyb is offline Member

Wink Today Show: Bulletproof Coffee

Primal Fuel
    Saw on the today show this morning where they taste tested the Paleo trend of "bulletproof coffee"...thought you all on this forum would get a kick out of that. Matt Lauer wasn't a fan! It made me laugh.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    No fooling?

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here's the link:

Butter coffee: Will it give you extra energy -- or just make you fat? - TODAY Health

A couple of Paleo commenters managed to get in and say that this ONLY works if you're fat adapted, and even Paleos need to watch the calorie bombs.

It doesn't matter. Bulletproof coffee is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy over the heads of most Today Show viewers. They can't get past "moderation" and "get off the couch" and "didn't cavemen die when they were like 25" and "cavemen didn't have butter." You think they can have an intelligent discussion on BP coffee? Good god no.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.