Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone practice IF by having breakfast but no dinner? page

jilly is offline Member

Does anyone practice IF by having breakfast but no dinner?

Shop Now
    Just curious about what everyone's eating habit is. For me, I've tried many many times to go without breakfast and sometimes lunch also to just have one big meal in the evening, but I find that its difficult to wait til 6 PM to eat (which is when I usually get home from work) I'm wondering if it would be easier to eat right after waking up, my largest meal, and then maybe something small for lunch. Then have no dinner before bed. My experience with going all day without food tends to be that I'm so hungry by the time I get home that I end up eating things that may not be primal, only because of the intense hunger. I try to have something prepared, which usually works out fine. But some nights I go out with coworkers, and if the hunger is so intense, I cave and get something naughty because I'm so starving by the end of the day. I feel like if there is no intense hunger, my evening may be more peaceful and not so centered around thoughts of food. It seems more logical to me to have the last hours of my fast while I'm sleeping, where I won't feel the hunger. But that's just me. Does anyone else do this? And why do you like it better than skipping breakfast and having a dinner?

andi is offline Member
    I usually have a large brunch and maybe a small snack around 2-3pm, similar to you. I feel for me it's better to eat earlier, where I get most of my calories at start and then have the rest of the day to burn them.

jmosery is offline Member
    I do best eating at 9am(wake at 6 to workout) and then at 1

I can usually go the rest of the day without anything or a small snack like cheese or 2-3 eggs around 4 but most days I can just eat at 9 and 1 and be good

berra is offline Junior Member
    Hey,

I love IF and have been doing it for a while now. Combined with PB and it works well for me. I must say that I did experiment a lot with it to finally find what works for me.

I prefer to skip breakfast (and ask anyone who knows me, I would be the grumpiest thing in the world if I didn't eat in the mornings. I literally used to run to the kitchen as soon as I woke up before). Now, I only have 2 meals/day. I skip breakfast, break my fast at 12 pm and then have dinner at 6pm. This means I fast for 18 hours and and my eating window is 6 hours.

The only reason why I choose to skip breakfast rather than dinner is because when you're asleep your body is in fasting mode anyway, and the longer you fast, the longer and more effective the fat burning will be. Plus, I love to eat dinner with family so I personally couldn't handle not dining with them.

Like I said, I tried several different methods before I finally came up with what works for me. You need to find what works best for you and do that. All the best

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I like to eat big when I wake up, then follow up sometimes with a few eggs or canned fish or coconut milk some time within the next four to six hours. That gets me through the day just fine.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Well, I am quite the opposite. I used to eat at least 3 times a day, starting with a big breakfast, then a consistent lunch and lighter dinner. These days (it's been like 3 months or so now), I eat one big meal when I come back from work. I can simply NOT eat when I get up in the morning. Lunch is not even tempting me at all, and I happen to spend some time with co-workers during their lunch break. I just sip a tea while chatting with them. Sometimes, I just skip the 30mn break and go home earlier. But around 5 or 6pm, man do I want to eat! And sometimes, I eat like 3000+ kcal in a setting. But other times, I will be below 2000 for sure, depending on what I ate the day before (if I eat beef liver, I tend to eat less the day after probably because of the nutrient density that I had digested with the liver). Tonight, I will probably stick to a couple of mackerel fillets, some low cal veggies and a few pieces of cantaloupe. Not much but I had such a big meal yesterday ...

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Liver has that effect on me, too now. Not at first. I think I was depleted enough that I was just still craving it. But, yes. I had liver the day before, and barely ate the next day compared to what I usually do.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

msjameyers is offline Junior Member
    Im curious about the liver thing...i love liverwurst and braunschweiger and have been having an ounce of good quality grass fed a day...do you think adding more will held with the overeating episodes i experience one to two times a week? Is there an upper limit of how much out this stuff one should consume? 42yo female...115lbs...trying to lose last5.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Liverwurst is 78% fat. Unless that's close to your target for fat intake, the upper limit is probably the fat calories it contains.

msjameyers is offline Junior Member
    Im doing keto so the more fat the better....just didnt know if it id a food that should be consumed daily and in what volume to be beneficial but not harmful.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast